ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I've been waiting for ages to get the ice cream sandwich on my one (HTC sensation XL) and finally got it today.
It's really cool.

Anyone else getting it on their phone?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I've had it for about half a year and all I've found is that it drains the battery quicker.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I've had it for about half a year and all I've found is that it drains the battery quicker.
Really, it seemed the fix it on the S2, not that i notice now, got a 2150mAh battery in it now.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
On 2.3, the battery lasted 8 days on my Nexus S but with 4.X, it can do no more than 4 days.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
My battrmery only lasted for a maximum of 1.5days on the 2.3
Let's see how the battery life on the 4.0 is like.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I've had the exact opposite experience. It's gone from barely lasting from 7AM to 12AM to lasting the same amount of time but with over 50% battery left. There have been a few little problems I've had, but mostly I can't tell the difference between Gingerbread and ICS

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
i thought this was a thread about ice cream sandwiches and i was about to come in and talk about how tasty and gr8 they are

and then i saw it was in technology :cold:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
i thought this was a thread about ice cream sandwiches and i was about to come in and talk about how tasty and gr8 they are

and then i saw it was in technology :cold:
Youd like android, they hide eastereggs.

Broskis go to phone information and start tapping the version number. :)

tomascivinod

HSC
Custom Rom expirience

I have a vodafone desire HD which I rooted and rom-ed.
I am running 4.0.4, my battery lasts long enough... Basically I use my phone that little it lasts.
Mind you they still don't have a leaked kernel so my camera doesn't work properly and some of the drivers are sort of hacked together.
Although the experience isn't perfect, I still prefer it to a longer lasting Gingerbread running phone.

ICS is beautiful.

hopsin

HSC
yer I've had it for a few months now.. yes it drains battery. also if you want to get the new android versions before they are released officially.. root your phone and instead roms.. it will void warranty but it is epic!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
yer I've had it for a few months now.. yes it drains battery. also if you want to get the new android versions before they are released officially.. root your phone and instead roms.. it will void warranty but it is epic!
There is no way for a phone store to know if a phone has been romrooted unless you hand it to them like it.

Its the same with OCing CPU's, ~no~ way to tell.

mvhblair

HSC
Ridiculous improvement to processor speed and Battery life, (cynaogen mod, custom kernel) Galaxy S i9000

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm saying goodbye to ICS now.

Upgrading to Jellybean as I speak.

Ahmed ftw

HSC
I cant believe jellybean is already out. Man my phone slowed down so much on icecream sandwich and the battery life drained so much, I dunno if thats got to do with deterioration of battery life of phone over time (its not even a year old yet) or its to do with the OS.

Ahmed ftw

HSC
I sure hope so... this phone is killing me with the half a day battery life :/ I dont even use my phone all that much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)