Ice Hockey (1 Viewer)

HSC
So when im in La im thinking of going to watch the mighty ducks play. Ive always thought Ice hockey would be rad to watch. has anyone seen a game??? what was it like?

thanks

matthiask

HSC
There is hockey in australia people, newcastle, sydney, melbourn, adelade ect. look it up its called AIHL, australian Ice Hockey League.

HSC
ended up seeing the maple leafs play. it was good but there was a bit too much blood.. still a good experience though.

matthiask

HSC
lol yea they are so mad, tie domi is an insane fighter. I wanna go over to Canada or USA for a year =) should be fun but this is in a few years lol.

Drag0nblade25

HSC
But its not hockey without blood :p

Qoute from the movie Youngblood; *hockey players love the sight of blood*

playlikeagirl

HSC
N/A
Don't kid yourself into thinking there are no fights in women's hockey. If that is what you really believe you haven't watched it.

matthiask

HSC
lol thats true, the first womens game i saw was in switzerland and there was an all in brawl where one reff copped a stick across the face and gear was flying everywhere and fists were following, it was great lol.

katrea

HSC
Oilers represent! Well I'm going to Montreal to go see some Canadiens kick some ass, they're no Oilers but they'll do.

bizadfar

HSC
GOOOOOOOO SHARKS!!!

Such a good team, that is currently playing shite.

tripperz

HSC
u ice hockey fans kick ass - i play or use to a few months back
GO RANGERS!
even though we're 17th - anaheim ducks baby they`ll make a fall
sharks arent goin all that bad dude top 10, but i doubt they`ll make the Stanley Cup for this season hehe
good luck for the rest of ur exams dudes
greg

katrea

HSC
The Sharks are one of the teams I love, not to mention I have Toskala on my fantasy team. But Cheech needs to get his head out of his ass and smooth out that funk.

Finished my exams already so I've got lots of spare time.

katrea

HSC
Spoke too soon, he got himself two goals. But it's nothing against Marleau.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
are there any fights in ice hockey? like the amateur leagues...
not the pro ones :p

No Problems

HSC
yeah everyone that plays is nuts in the head. not as many as you see on tv, but they are still there.

CanadianHockey

HSC
U guys gotta stop being so weak, why would u want to watch hockey without fights or big hits, thats what gets the emotion runng hihg is what makes the game hockey with out all that we might as well put skirts on all the playes and tell them try not to break a nail! liek come on hockey is the greatest sport because u have to have agility and be quick and be tough enough to drop the gloves soemtiems and take a hit or give one ---hockey aint for tree hugggers!

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I heard in the Sydney league, it's pretty much non-contact in the lower grades (my friend plays there). I would very much like to give ice hockey a try next year, probably when i get enough money for gear though :p

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i'll definately give it a go..once i've learnt how to ice skate properly.

katrea

HSC
I want to learn to play too but I can barely skate in a straight line. Not to mention I probably play terrible hockey.

Fighting in the AIHL here will get you kicked out and probably penalised (can't remember) mainly because a lot of the players are just regular guys and no one wants them turning up to work with a broken arm or black eye.

However I'm a huge fighting fan, my favourite fighter is Georges Laraque (sadly an Ex-Oiler...) and people need to stop saying that fights takes it away from the game, he's tied for third highest scorer on his team!

And I'm right now in Montreal though no Oil games most of the time. I love the Canadiens though and they're tearing it up. (I'm a Samsonov fan and I know he's having a terrible season but do NOT get me started on defending him)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i havent seen ice hockey in ages.

(well i've only seen one..ages ages ages ago. :()

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT~!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)