ich liebe deutsch zu lernen! (1 Viewer)

Sophia H

HSC
Tag, mates :p

Hab nur ne schnelle Frage - weiss jemand, ob sie uns "du" oder "Sie" nennen werden? Bei unserer Sprachpruefung, meine ich. Ist mir wirklich egal, aber naja, warum nicht wissen, ne?

Danke!
~Phia

smiggles

HSC
you could say (but not as correct as meiner Meinung nach) in meine Meinung.....

but NEVER in meiner Meinung because meinung is Fem....it becomes meineR because nach is a dative preposition
I know this is SUPER late, and no one is reading this thread, and i haven't read to see if anyone else picked you up on this, but it is "in meiner Meinung", because "in" takes the dative, or accusative... in this case it's dative, because you're not moving to your opinion...

SORRY, it's random, and really late to say this, but i'm super Grammar nerdy, and this bugged me.

Moira B

HSC
I know this is SUPER late, and no one is reading this thread, and i haven't read to see if anyone else picked you up on this, but it is "in meiner Meinung", because "in" takes the dative, or accusative... in this case it's dative, because you're not moving to your opinion...

SORRY, it's random, and really late to say this, but i'm super Grammar nerdy, and this bugged me.
Hey, if anyone is even reading this. Actually, although "in meiner Meinung" can make sense and be understood, it is rarely used and technically incorrect. Grammatically, it does make sense but the correct version would be "meiner Meinung nach" or "nach meiner Meinung" (although this is usually just used if someone else is the subject e.g. "nach Anna's Meinung" and is not as grammatically correct as the first one).

Also, Peartie is correct in saying that Meinung is fem however, it is "meineR". It's one of those words where the logic isn't correct.

Another way you could say it though is "meine Meinung ist dass...". This way, you can avoid the whole dilemma and the "Meinung" is evidently feminine.

I hope this helps. In case you were wondering, I have been speaking German my whole life and lived in Germany until I was 8. If anyone else needs help with German, feel free to ask. Ich würde gerne helfen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)