ID Card (1 Viewer)

spazamataz

HSC
I was just wondering does the card act as a rail concession or do you have to go and get an actual sticker on it. My card has a spot on it where it has the logo and '2010' but theres no sticker, so do I need to go and get an actual sticker?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
That logo will work for your first year, in subsequent years you need to go to student central to get a sticker.

By the end of your degree, there will be quite a stack of stickers on your student card :)

pman

Banned
HSC
so just clarifying, It is our concession card, my mother insists that it isn't

spazamataz

HSC
People have told me it isnt because it has to have some number on it.
Maybe I should drop student central a line and ask?
I have until my high school one expires so im in no rush.

harryc

HSC
I plan on using my school card as concession for the rest of the year. Finally, an upside to being born in 1992.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
It IS your concession card you don't need to get a sticker as it is printed on your card.
Next year you will need to get a sticker though.

UOW said:
How to Obtain a Travel Concession Pass
Full time domestic students are eligible for a rail and bus concession sticker to be added to their student card. This allows travel at a concession rate on City Rail and local bus services. For information relating to concession eligibility, please contact Student Central on (02) 4221 3927 or go to the NSW Transport and Infrastructure website at NSW Public Transport Concessions - NSW Ministry of Transport

New Students
In the first year a concession logo is printed on your Student ID card automatically if you are a full-time domestic student. It appears as a logo near the middle of the card with numbers identifying the current year. If you have any questions contact Student Central in Building 17.
Transport - How to Obtain a Travel Concession Pass - Getting to UOW @ UOW

harryc

HSC
Yeah, I know it isn't a concession card, but I've talked my way out of about 5 fines by acting dumb about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)