ideas..HELP! (1 Viewer)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Ok, so originally I was going to write this super cool SS, based on the nature of the grotesque and why people are interested in all that wacky stuff etc...but over the holidays apart from neglecting my journal..I changed my mind!

Now I want to write kind of an autobiography thing on my exchange year in Canada and stuff..like "kinda french" and "under the tuscan sun"

My proposal is due next Friday..have I lost the plot?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
lol Nope you have not lost the plot! People change their minds constantly about their MW. I changed mine twice before I handed in my proposal. But after your proposal, I think you have to be quite concrete on what you are doing.

The autobiography sounds good, just try not to make it too cliche. I know there has been a lot of talk on what exactly IS cliche and what isn't. But I guess when you read it over and think "Geez, How boring!" then that means its cliche! lol

There is a topic started on writing one's proposal, so have a look there if you're stick. Good luck on your proposal!

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
ahh thanks so much..ok so now I have yet another question!

Am I actually allowed to do auto-biography type work? I just spoke to a friend and he said that he doesn't think so.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Hey, your like me!
I aksed my english teacher at school if i was allowed to do an autobiography, and she said a direct no. But she didnt give legal reasons as to why i shouldnt. SImply said that i will get to attached to it, then gave some fearful look.... *Remembers...*shivers....
So i had to make up a good idea, and like you, my proposal is due this friday as well... last week, i had a talk with my tutor and he said "best writing comes from here *points to chest". Well duh, but i didnt realise just how strong those cliched (theres that word) words would be.
I changed it. Doing an autobiography. He told me "just tell your teacher at school that its not you."
The thing is, you should try to mould your character, and place him into a dofferent setting perhaps. Change him/her in ways that do not affect the story (if possible) and mould him/her to soemthing slightly different.
Helps you form becomming too attached.
Also, just somehting thgat i discovered personally, somehting to think about.
Do you have a climax? a conclusion? Becaiuse its an autobiography, and your alive...do oyu have a conclusion??
Thats all the advice i can share with you. Hope it helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)