• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Identity Narrative Ideas???? Preliminary (1 Viewer)

gtrislife

HSC
Does anybody have any ideas on an identity narrative (advanced english), any tips would be helpful.

SudhiTheBoat

HSC
The more you can relate to it, the more in-depth you can go. The more in-depth you go the more marks you get.

Uhh, My teacher said to make a creative writing always in a 5-10minute timeframe. Show, not tell.

This is coming from someone who's sh*t at english, so take my advice with a grain of salt

Fiction

HSC
TBH I wouldn't focus on the plot so much.

Creatives in English, with the exception of Ext 2 English, are rarely plot driven - or the ones which do well are rarely, due to that you're writing only 800- 1000 words and not a novel. Ideally you want to be conceptually driven instead. Your creative is your interpretation of a given theme ie identity, and so you would want to show the multifarious and complex nature of your theme rather than focusing on the plot. I would personally brainstorm the different aspects of identity and think about how you would integrate that into your creative, keeping in mind that although plot is secondary to conceptual issues, you do need a setting, characters etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)