If I have 11 units... (1 Viewer)

Carl5

HSC
I actually do 13, but for the sake of keeping everything simple, if I have 11 units, 1 being MX1, and I do well enough in MX1 that it's going to contribute to my ATAR, how do they split up my the other subject?

I'm just curious.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
You have your subjects

Say they are

Maths 2U
MX 1
English 2u
Legal 2u
Physics 2u
Biology 2u

So you have 5 2Unit courses and 1 1unit course.

Remember Each Unit is marked out of 50.

For example

These are your marks per unit of work (remember each unit is worth 50)

MX 1 (45)
Biology (34)
Maths (50)
English (50)
Legal (50)
Physics (50)

This means 2u maths, legal, physics, and english will all count as a whole (Basically if you have a 2U subject when it is marked, remember it is out of 50, it will just double)

For your final 2 units needed to make ten you have bio and maths extension. This means That means one unit will come from biology and one unit from your extension because they are your lowest marks to form your 10 units

Last edited:

Carl5

HSC
What defines each unit in a 2 unit subject? Is half the course one unit and the rest the second? Or do they halve your mark from the test or something?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Basically every subject is '2 units' besides extensions.

They don't halve your mark, you basically get an mark out of 50 per unit of work.

Carl5

HSC
Ok then. But what exactly is a unit of work for each subject? Like, how do they decide on which unit to discard? Is half the test 1 unit, and the other half the second unit (but not particularly the first and second half of the test itself, rather, it's all mixed up), and then whichever unit you get the lowest marks they don't count?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
A unit really isn't a set amount of work. Subjects just count as 2 units and some just count as 1.

The lowest unit will be discarded, sometimes that is half of a '2 unit subject' sometimes it is an extension

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)