If i received a low atar but high distinctions in uni can i still transfer to USYD (1 Viewer)

jackfrost

HSC
Notre Dame isn't part of UAC
so will transferring be difficult and whatnot?
If my atar is also considered, will the process be difficult?

I'm not exaggerating on low atar.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Re: If i received a low atar but high distinctions in uni can i still transfer to USY

From what course at your current university to what course in Sydney?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Re: If i received a low atar but high distinctions in uni can i still transfer to USY

UWS, Nursing to medsci usyd
Students who apply to UAC after completing 48 credit points of study should note that their ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) might have changed as a result of the marks that they have achieved during their studies at University.
Generally, when applying to transfer your ATAR (or equivalent) and the results from your tertiary study will be considered. It may help to think of these being given an approximately 50/50 weighting and assigned an overall rating similar to a ATAR.

Results from tertiary study will be only considered if you have been enrolled for at least one full-time year or an equivalent period part-time. These studies would normally need to be part of a recognised award course of at least associate diploma level or higher for your results to be considered.

Students should note that applying to transfer to the Faculty of Science is competitive, the exact standard required for each intake is determined by a comparison of the number and quality of applications with the number of places available in courses.

Minimum requirements are sometimes listed in the Faculty Handbook. Overall, a higher ATAR for a degree would be indicative of requiring a higher ATAR/Tertiary combination to successfully transfer to that degree.

Applicants with a record of failure at tertiary study are less competitive for a place than those with a successful academic history.
Aim for distinction and above and also apply for EAS if you can. All the best ~ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)