• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If u fail a subject in yr 11 (1 Viewer)

zizou10-5

HSC
My yearlkies r so far going good, but i don't want to study for a certain humanities subject cos
1 i don't like it
2- not tkaing it next yr
So i plan to fail it n do nothing in the two hours alloted test time lol, I just want to study for the subjects i;m taking next yr.
Apparently i heard u have to repeat yr 11 if u fail a subject?

zizou10-5

HSC
r u sure? what do u mean u can't of course u can repeat? os only yr 12?
i'll would if i could, but i haven't been paying attention, i'll rob get like the worst mark ever like 2 percent ors oemthing.
So?

nearly-dizzy

HSC
In all seriousness.. How badly does one have to fail a subject for it to impact? If you fail your prelim for a subject or the course in its entirity does is mean you didn't complete course requirements for year eleven? If you fail your prelim can you still do the subject next year?

Sofstar

HSC
You can still fail and continue, but you're gonna have to work hard. I failed economics, but i'm dropping. Alota people failed at least one exam. Grade average for chem was 40%.

moe-2ba

HSC
zizou10-5 said:
My yearlkies r so far going good, but i don't want to study for a certain humanities subject cos
1 i don't like it
2- not tkaing it next yr
So i plan to fail it n do nothing in the two hours alloted test time lol, I just want to study for the subjects i;m taking next yr.
Apparently i heard u have to repeat yr 11 if u fail a subject?

Nothing should happen , but u cant jus do nothing for the test, even if you fail u atleast gotta attempt it cause if u dont you mite get stuffed up

IceOnFire

HSC
Our whole class for Eco screwed up our extended responses.
The highest mark was 16/20, which is shit as since noone even got an A for it.
I lost 13 marks all together for my 2 extended responses.
Shame.. :(

nearly-dizzy

HSC
Sofstar said:
You can still fail and continue, but you're gonna have to work hard. I failed economics, but i'm dropping. Alota people failed at least one exam. Grade average for chem was 40%.
Holy hell, forty as an average.
gonna have to work hard meaning they tell you if you don't you're in the shit, or more that if you fail your prelims the HSC is looking dangerous?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
There's a thing where if they deem that your test was a "non serious attempt" then they can cancel your preliminary but it's at the discretion of the teachers. They won't do it unless they're tools.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
As long as you sit the exam, and make some kind of an attempt on it, and complete at least 50.1% of the preliminary assessments, then you would have passed the preliminary requirements, allowing you to continue onto the HSC course, or drop it :)

IceOnFire

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
As long as you sit the exam, and make some kind of an attempt on it, and complete at least 50.1% of the preliminary assessments, then you would have passed the preliminary requirements, allowing you to continue onto the HSC course, or drop it :)
Lolz that was a simple and clear explanation.
Expected from the logical mind of SoulSearcher. :)

zizou10-5

HSC
yup[ thnaks guys, but i know i hardly kknowshit, n this is no jk, i prob anser one question n spend time doing nothing on the test. I've done all the tasks, so i won't repeat. LOL they'll prob trt to have a talk to me when they get the results, i'll just show em my other marks, shove it in their fucking face.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
y does it say i'm an assistant member?wats dat mean?
Its just your custom status. It has no real meaning or value.

"What is the text under the user's name eg. 'Assistant Member', and how can I change it?
This is called Custom Status.

There are several ways to be awarded custom status:

* Your post count is greater than 3000
* You have been a member of Bored of Studies for a long time

If you do not meet this criteria, you are given a generic status. The Generic Status you may be awarded depends on your post count:

* New member 0-25
* Junior Member 25-50
* Assistant member 50-100
* Member 100-200
* Senior member 200-400
* Executive Member 400-800
* Exalted Member 800-1200
* Supreme Member 1200-1600
* Magniloquent Member 1600-2000
* Loquacious One 2000-2400
* Ancient Orator 2400-2800
* Rambling Spirit 2800-3000
* Demigod of Waffle 3000- "

http://community.boredofstudies.org...e-help/45484/bored-studies-faq.html#postcount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)