If you could cheat... would you? (1 Viewer)

If you happened to find a copy of the actual HSC english exam, would you look at it?

• Yes, of course! I`ll do anything I can.

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Yes... but... I would feel a bit queasy about it.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No... it would just feel wrong.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No way! You can`t cheat.

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
This was a small ethical debate that we had last year just before our HSC exams started. What do you think?? Would it be 'wrong' to look at the exam? Would you expect to fail at university if you did? Or are you one of those people who don't give a damn about karma and morals and will ruthlessly do whatever they can for a high UAI?

Amuka

Originally posted by Lazarus
one of those people who don't give a damn about karma and morals
Of course i would look at it and i wouldn't feel bad i would prolly feel happy bout screwing everyone else over hehe.

UAI doesnt neccessairly determine how u would go at UNI for a start because ur doing what u want, in my electives at school im doing fine only maths and english that im forced to take that i have problems in ......

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
im not going to post my opinion here. i will just vote.

i voted no. i dont think theres any point in it now.

Last edited:

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
actually hmm, english. i wouldn't look at english because you can basically bend your info to suit most questions.
i would be more inclined to wanna see other subjects i spose.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: Re: If you could cheat... would you?

Originally posted by Amuka
UAI doesnt neccessairly determine how u would go at UNI
The UAI is the single best indicator of tertiary success - that's why they use it.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
HeLL YeH!!! i would cheat.. and then i can get into the course i want..!! :gridnod: :gridnod:
ahhh.. cheatings good... no more "stress" :gridnod: stressin is bad!!...u get wrinkles and pimples HAHA :p :p

nah serialli.. i aint like that.. if i had the chance to cheat i wont..cos i'd feel bad.. and its unfair for others.. altho i'd love to..but i wont. :)
it'll b the "hall of shame" if some1 finds out...and then gettin publicised in the media...and etc etc.. :p :p

Christine

beige member
HSC
i'd like to say i wouldn't but i probably would....

don't get me wrong - i would have guilt trips over it for the next ten yrs but i think i would...

OF COURSE..

I do anything to get 95+ UAI... Because hsc is designed so badly, its deserved to be cheated... Its cheating us atm..why can't we cheat back ?

There are already bribin in BOS ..like bruce dawe and schneski paying BOS to promote ...so why can't we!!

Jellymonsta

i would like to say i would not cheat. but if the papers were just sitting on my desk... i doubt i could just ignore them :D
and i reckon most people wouldnt be able to resist the temptation if it was right in front of them...:evilfire:

funkydish

course i would! if i found em lying around ... i'd take em home and answer all the q's and try to memorise it! hehe.

but then again, if it actally happened, i might be too chicken to take em lol.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
No because I suck so much that even if I knew exactly what was in the paper, i'd still give crappy answers.

It's like in English.
I have yet to write a complete, satisfactory essay.

Actually, for the trials, I knew my teacher was gonna use the Independent papers for computing studies, and I did have a look at what other people were saying about the tests, because we didn't do it on the day, and I did happen to know that there was going to be a deskchecking question, and a question that asks you to write an algorithm to generate a random password.

DId it matter? No, just because you know what's in the test, doesn't mean that you'll write a good asnwers, especially if it's one of those crappy subjects like Eglish where what the marker wants is ambigious.

Morgues

I would but if I got 99 UAI as a result I would still go to the course I expect to get into , it would be totally unfair taking someones place who actually deserved the UAI

stressed02

i'm pretty sure that if it was in front of me and no one was around i wouldn't be able to resist the temptation... i'd sure love to have it right now though!!

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
is this a hint you're selling a leak paper *cough*gimme*cough

seriously, when it's just a recreational game, no-one would cheat. But when it gets this competitive in real life, i doubt anyone will refuse to look.

as with karma, and moral, i don't believe in any supernatural things anymore, and moral is undefined :(

schwang_thang

hell no! i'd b living in guilt 4 the rest of my life

n while im doin the exam, the very thought that i cheated wud b eating at me, so then i wuddnt b able 2 concentrate neways

im not buddhist or hindu or nething, but i word: KARMA

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Can't honestly say ...

If your prepared to test me, well then I could tell you ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I'm in two minds about this (I'm in two minds about everything though):

Yes, because I might as well, and if Ican do it there's probably thousands of people across the state cheating as well. And hey, we want an even playing field, don't we? ;)

On the other hand, I'm lazy.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
*looks at the paper, sitting there*
Aaaawwwww... it's beckoning me... must... resist... must.. get... out.. of... room...
*left hand crawls over quietly... intercepted by the right hand with a big slap*
*the paper waves, stirred by the wind*
damn, it's jeering me...
*process repeated starting with the right hand*
At this point I'd scream, run off and fall sick in the nearest toilet.

I won't cheat... has actually been tempted before... but didn't...

SaveFerris

I couldn't do it...the guilt would be awful...and plus a UAI of 99 that comes from cheating would be meaningless to me. I'd rather get a true indicator of my ability, even if it was initially disappointing. After all, what's the value of a good result if you haven't properly earned it?

OMG, I'm starting to sound like Reverend Camden from '7th Heaven' (not that I watch that show...)

AcCeSs-DeNieD

Well given the chance I would, since what are the chances that you would be able to cheat in the first place? its one of those things you'd think about if you didn't take it....

The way to get ahead in life to to take risks/chances and to do what is needed at the time.....it is survival of the fittest..... if you're being the nice guy or girl there's always that quint little saying for ya "Nice guys finish last".....

(this is a pretty unethical post)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)