if you could go back and do your major work all over again (1 Viewer)

kimmii22o9

HSC
I just finished doing a major work on 'Mao Tse-tung' and whether he was a marxist..
If i could go back.. i would do 'The oracle of delphi' because you can show the conflicting opinions of ancient historians.. and modern historians that provide scientific explainations for the true nature of the oracle..
Dammit i shouldve done that!

X

xeuyrawp

I would love to have done my original topic: Slavery in Egypt and Hermeneutic vs Semiotic approaches of the Biblical texts... Particularly interesting to me now is the historiographical issues relating to how the notion of slavery has been used in terms of the Hebrew identity and classical romanticism.

jimjim

i would have either done mine on olga chekhova (the daughter of the russian play wright and was a russian actress and a german spy.. apparently!) or religion and magic in predynastic egypt. but i did mine on count cagliostro, relatively unknown individual who was a magician, con-artist and more!

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
i would have either done mine on olga chekhova (the daughter of the russian play wright and was a russian actress and a german spy.. apparently!) or religion and magic in predynastic egypt. but i did mine on count cagliostro, relatively unknown individual who was a magician, con-artist and more!
Oh, Köhler has that effect people. ;)

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
big time! she's touched me like no woman has ever touched me before!
Yup, things that have been proven by totally pottery:

- How Egypt was unified - the Naqada Expansion,
- that the Hyksos didn't invade,
- the Amarna period still had extensive trade and military,
- etc etc. ;)

jimjim

PwarYuex said:
Yup, things that have been proven by totally pottery:

- How Egypt was unified - the Naqada Expansion,
- that the Hyksos didn't invade,
- the Amarna period still had extensive trade and military,
- etc etc. ;)
ahh its the best period of egyptian history in my eyes. even though its way too late to change, any topic of predynastic society in egypt would be well worth it, if ur into the kind of stuff!

HSC
I did a project on the brtich policy of free trade leading to the Irish famine which was actually pretty darn interesting considering I left it till the last minute but now I wished I'd done my orignal idea: What Ancient Greek medicinal practices reveals about the Greek attitude to women.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)