If you could go back to... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I should've chosen bio instead of engineering studies. Lol, so freaking boring IMO. We were learning the fucking Pythagoras' Theorem for the entire year lol -.-

And I really pity the teacher. My friend told me that during a lesson that I skipped, the teacher was saying "There are 2 bonus marks in this test, so you can get 102% for your mark." Too bad that the test was outta 25 and 27/25 does not equal to 102%. Freaking hell, and this guy tried to teach us Pythagoras' Theorem. THE SHOCK AND HORROR! O.O;

The other thing I'm annoyed about is that students must be in the accelerated 3U maths in YR11 to be a candidate for 4U in YR12, which meant that the entire class had to do the 2U exam last year. So for the people who planned to do 4U, they ended up having to do an exam that won't count towards anything at all. And now they're stuck trying to rush thru the entire 3U course now -.-;

I don't think I would've changed any other subjects I had, I think.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Beege said:
I'd pick advanced english cauz at least ppl in advance people actually want to do WELL. The people in my class are a bunch of fuckheads who are wasting their time at school when they should be looking for a job. Plus at my school I believe they mark the advanced kids easier and they mark the standard kids harder. Plus I would have had a better teacher that would of taught me properly therefore my essays would be better.
That's the same with a friend of mine. She's doing well in standard english but the rest of the class really dont give a shit, they're there because they have to be not because they want to be. Because of the rest of the class, she's being pulled behind.

With the marking thing - that's really unfair. Our school marks both courses equally. Although that really shouldn't matter anyway, because if you do really well with your internals - you should still get the marks. HSC markers will definitely mark you equally so not to worry there. :)

destuana

HSC
I had to do Ancient History by Distance Ed, and I put it on the same line as Modern History. I did Geography, Maths 2U, Eng Adv, Eng Ext, Music and Drama. I ended up dropping Geography and Maths, so I think that if I had my time again I would have started off doing my DE subject along the Geography line and done both Modern and Ancient History.

At the moment I spend my Ancient periods sitting at the back of the Modern class doing my work, but I leanr heaps in that class anyway! I reckon I could take their exam . . .

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Probably not much different, but would have probably chosen doing extension 2 maths in year 11, and probably would have tried to get involved in a few more things outside of school.
:wave: I agree. But I would've done 3unit in year 11, because extension 2 breathes harder 3unit :mad1: Damn, I'm screwed for this 4unit exam. Oh well, I've become immune to failing.

Georgegeorge

HSC
Subjects in yr. 12
- 4U Math
- Adv. English
- Physics
- Music 2
- SOR 1 Unit

Subjects I Should Have Chose::
- 4U Math
- Adv. English
- Economics
- Music 2
- SOR 1 unit (3U English if this subject was not compulsory)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
I would go back to the beginning of year 12...

And sort my priorities out.
Ie not going out to boys formals the night before an eng adv task worth 30% that i was yet to do, or go out with boys the night before the SOR half yearly... [but that was ok bc somehow i aced it anyway (L)]

Also..
i would consistently do Maths... like 3hrs a night.
I'm SO SO SO behind... and i just keep letting myself get futher behind thinking that theres no point because the syd boys/syd girls have 981273019831823019239012 hours on top of me anyway...

i'd go back to the beginning of year 11 and never look at Myspace.

Um... But if given the chance to go back i dont think i'd take it..
We're so close to finishing now that i really just am so over it.. Not to mention my parents keep telling me how they really don't mind what i get because they know i'll end up where i want to be.
But still.. the idea of the 20dec approaching... me waking up and getting some UAI that i KNOW i'll be disappointed with ebcause i myself know how much i cheat myself...And my parents will be so happy bc they think i work SO hard because im ALWAYS in my room 'studying' [ie MYSPACE!] and because im SO dedicated that i wake up at 4.30 to study for exams [IE because ive done nothing the night before and am starting to cram.]

Theyre always comparing me to my little sister telling her that she should be like me, questioning why she doesnt have the dilligence that i have...

I feel like such a fraud hahah and she totally see's through it all and knows im alwyas on the net when im 'studying'

Ok im procastinating again. i mean.. 'studying'.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Oh and i wouldn't have spent so much money buying 120308910381239021 extra text books...

Especially not for maths..

there are books that i bought that i'm yet to open.

CANT WAIT TO SELL THEM &hearts;

AS NEW!

beentherdunthat

HSC
nichhhole said:
Oh and i wouldn't have spent so much money buying 120308910381239021 extra text books...

Especially not for maths..

there are books that i bought that i'm yet to open.

CANT WAIT TO SELL THEM &hearts;

AS NEW!
Haha, our school provided us with SUCESS ONE HSC books... AFTER I bought them :mad1:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
:wave: I agree. But I would've done 3unit in year 11, because extension 2 breathes harder 3unit :mad1: Damn, I'm screwed for this 4unit exam. Oh well, I've become immune to failing.
:wave:

Yeah, well I was already doing extension 1 maths in year 11 anyway, I should've done extension 2 last year, even if I failed it then, to make it easier for me this year :)

Aww, you'll do great in your extension 2 exam, I'm sure you will :uhhuh:

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
:wave:

Yeah, well I was already doing extension 1 maths in year 11 anyway, I should've done extension 2 last year, even if I failed it then, to make it easier for me this year :)
lol, I agree. I thought you meant the actual HSC.

SoulSearcher said:
Aww, you'll do great in your extension 2 exam, I'm sure you will :uhhuh:
Did I tell you what I got for 4unit ??? (The term exam :) )

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
magpam said:
lol yeah it esp. doesn't help if you dropped the subject as well :rofl:
I went all crazy at the end of yr 11 when i thought that i would continue with adv math....i bought millions of books on adv math - never ended up even opening any of them! What a waste... now they're rotting on my book shelf :mad1: I bought the BNW/BR study guide as well but i never ended up using it...ai...

SoulSearcher

HSC
tanjin said:
I went all crazy at the end of yr 11 when i thought that i would continue with adv math....i bought millions of books on adv math - never ended up even opening any of them! What a waste... now they're rotting on my book shelf :mad1: I bought the BNW/BR study guide as well but i never ended up using it...ai...
If you give them to me I can find prospective buyers for said books, with a small cut to myself while giving you the rest of the proceeds :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If you give them to me I can find prospective buyers for said books, with a small cut to myself while giving you the rest of the proceeds :)
Well i created a thread about a century ago trying to sell all the books i dont need - no one has replied --- bitches --- lol but i actually haven't tried selling them to the girls in my school and the second hand book shops, i've been lazy! I'll try that first and then we'll see what happens. :)

SoulSearcher

HSC
tanjin said:
Well i created a thread about a century ago trying to sell all the books i dont need - no one has replied --- bitches --- lol but i actually haven't tried selling them to the girls in my school and the second hand book shops, i've been lazy! I'll try that first and then we'll see what happens. :)
I could get higher prices for them, meaning more profit to you :) But yes, lets see what happens :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
i went to this crappy second hand book shop once, to try and sell my Cambridge 2 u math book - i bought it for $50, never been used and do you know how much they offered me? $7 fucking bucks....7 assholes. It was absolutely brand new and i was stupid enough to chuck the Dymocks reciept away after i bought the book..:mad1:

BARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)