If you could kill... (1 Viewer)

If you could kill one of these bands, which would it be?

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
katie_tully said:
Hoobastank have been around for ages, everybody only hates them now that they're commercial and have a fan base.

Simple Plan are prepubescent whiney bitches.

Green Day are not.

Didn't being an artfag become passe now that anybody can claim to be one?
Greenday aren't commercial? BS.
Look at their look, they're appealing to that group of teenagers.... Their anti-government/anti-war stance, their constant songs about breaking up with girls/guys or whatever, and depression.

They're as commercial as either of these two bands,, but if u take something from the music that's all that matters. Wether it be Britney Spears or the Beatles.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i hated hoobastank before they released the reason, and i still hate them

sure, anyone can claim to be an artfag. but not everyone can be as cool as me

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ok well u said they weren't whingy teenage bitches, other than not being teenagers... they're exactly that... their songs are about bitching about break ups and depression and a range of teen angst subjects.

K

katie_tully

Not-That-Bright said:
Ok well u said they weren't whingy teenage bitches, other than not being teenagers... they're exactly that... their songs are about bitching about break ups and depression and a range of teen angst subjects.
they are?

go buy american idiot.

K

katie_tully

artfag said:
i hated hoobastank before they released the reason, and i still hate them

sure, anyone can claim to be an artfag. but not everyone can be as cool as me
you are correct. i cannot contest that.

K

katie_tully

I just love my new black prada american hate hand bag, how about yourself??

I dont mind it. I like the music, personally I couldn't give two shits about the lyrical content.

Simple Plan whine. The end.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Making songs about hating america doesn't tell me that they've matured as a band katie, the more mature bands would take the stance "hey we're just musicians, we shouldn't go about trying to influence people, let the people decide, we'll just keep making music".

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
WTF you say you don't care about the lyrical content but then complain about simple plan whinging!!!

You should just love the music for any meaning you get from it that you like, or a catchy beat u like the sound of, and if that's the case don't bag out any band.

K

katie_tully

Not-That-Bright said:
WTF you say you don't care about the lyrical content but then complain about simple plan whinging!!!

You should just love the music for any meaning you get from it that you like, or a catchy beat u like the sound of, and if that's the case don't bag out any band.
I said I hate their whining. Thus implying that they do not sing, they whine. It wouldnt matter whether their lyrics were groundbreaking.
They still whine.
Like bitches.

spiny norman

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
the more mature bands would take the stance "hey we're just musicians, we shouldn't go about trying to influence people, let the people decide, we'll just keep making music".
Yes, because Bob Dylan, Neil Young and all those other artists from the 60s were so immature.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
dylan hated being the so-called voice of a generation

hippies wouldn't leave him and his family alone

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hate hate hate simple plan. That guy's voice...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :vcross:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It is ok to have a voice, but in this case it isn't the shepard (musicians) leading the sheep (us), it's us leading them, they're not saying anything ground breaking.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i don't really give a shit if a band is commercial or not, but i hate both those bands. when the reason/perfect came on the radio i used to run dripping wet and naked out of the shower and through my room just to turn it off.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have to agree tho... The Reason is such an annoying song......my god... the one of theirs i liked went like ' i see a picture, blurring but now it's in focus' it had a line like that, i just liked the beat :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)