If you could turn back the clock... (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
If you had the chance to choose your subjects again what would you change and why?

I wish I kept physics and dropped ext english when I had the chance as most of my subjects are essay based and it's driving my head in. + it was a stupid impulse decision...

Your turn.

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
In hindsight I would have liked to have done Economics instead of Biology.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Do Physics and Modern History rather than 3U English and Legal.

SHOULD HAVE DONE:

• Physics - scaling is good - not too much content - very intuitive - would have kept Engineering open to a larger extent - nice maths component too - nice change from humanities - would complement Chemistry well with the thinking style/logic involved to do well - practical report skills overlap with Chemistry.
  • Modern History - very interesting subject - I would have enjoyed some topics like the Romanovs, Slavery/American Civil War - would have been motivated to study without it feeling like study - extra reading helps and I read quite a lot of historical stuff - decent scaling too.

SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE

• 3U English - too much content - not interesting at all - pathetic assessments at my school (despite excellent teachers).
  • Legal Studies - Board of Studies has designed an idiotic course for this - you never learn about legal principles after 1/3 of your way through the course - truckload of content - not relevant at all to university law - women topic is very sexist and frankly just stupid - poor scaling - cannot be motivated to study - do not enjoy.

deswa1

HSC
Tbh, if I had my time again, I would pick the exact same subs. I like all of them actually :)

starshine02

HSC
I like all my current subjects but i wish that i had at least tried textiles for more than 2weeks because it seems so interesting now that they're making their fancy costume things

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I may have swapped Business Studies for Modern History on the basis of interest more than anything.

Appleorange

Banned
HSC
Would of never attempted IPT (worse subject)

However, since there was no other subjects on the line (which I liked) I would have tried Chem.

(If I could, I would of done a history)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I would have chosen my subjects, and cut my BOS time into little tiny pieces.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
After hearing all these comments about 3U English, I am now thinking about whether I should do it or not...

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
After hearing all these comments about 3U English, I am now thinking about whether I should do it or not...
Personally, I think it's better than English Advanced.

ayeplus_

HSC
I would choose Modern History over Ancient (because I've discovered that I'm more interested in modern), Economics and maybe 3U English.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess I do have a bit of time at the beginning of next year to change my mind after I try it :) However I am on exactly 12 units so I would have to pick something else up if I drop it.
Provided you make a request to whoever is coordinating subject selections, usually you can do more than the minimum 12 units.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
should have done 3u maths and potentially 4u (if i was to do well). add in chem, and maybe drop modern(even though i love the content) in year 12 so i can keep hist ext. if that is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)