If you fail your 2 units of Modern History, can Ext still count? (1 Viewer)

Med

HSC
Hey Guys,

Just a problem i was hoping someone could help me with. I have 12 units- and i was just wondering if i were to fail my 2 unit Modern History course - could my Ext unit count towards my final HSC grade? OR can Ext not count without Modern History? ...

Thanx
Med

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ext hist is a completely separate course so it will count

X

xeuyrawp

Med said:
Hey Guys,

Just a problem i was hoping someone could help me with. I have 12 units- and i was just wondering if i were to fail my 2 unit Modern History course - could my Ext unit count towards my final HSC grade? OR can Ext not count without Modern History? ...

Thanx
Med
Hey,

If you were failing 2 units of history, I would be worried about the 3rd, but that's neither here nor there.

If you fail your base unit, your extension will still count. It's not like they'll scrub the extension. To do the ext. subject, you need to "be doing the two unit one"- nothing to do with passing of it:)

Could you do us a favour and delete your duplicate thread? :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
if u can do well in extn u should ace modern (if u can be fucked learning facts :))

Jennibeans

HSC
If you're worried about failing modern I gotta wonder why you're doing extension history in the first place

NICK__

HSC
because history ext is completely different to modern?

X

xeuyrawp

NICK__ said:
because history ext is completely different to modern?
That's irrelevant.

The skills required in both courses are very similar, if not identical, and I doubt you could pass extension history without even passing modern.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
SOME skills are common PwarYeux --> if it was true that the skills required were "identical" then anybody who did either ancient or modern history would succeed at extension history and that is simply not true.

X

xeuyrawp

silvermoon said:
SOME skills are common PwarYeux --> if it was true that the skills required were "identical" then anybody who did either ancient or modern history would succeed at extension history and that is simply not true.
I think the skills required are identical, Ext History just generally requires a hightened level of them.

[Edit] That is assuming that your school requires a research essay as part of your 2U Hist. internal mark, which I haven't heard any school not doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)