• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If you had a choice to do the HSC in 2 years... (1 Viewer)

How many years to do the HSC?

Votes: 14 63.6%

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 3+

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Well, the method of teaching "focus studies" has been advised and forced by the school.

EDIT: but l am choosing to stay the extra year.

tempco

HSC
Ah ok... so your first year is year 12, and you're just continuing on with the following years?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
No no, l'm going prelim and HSC in one year. Only for chemistry, bio and hospitality. Maths and English will be normal.

tempco

HSC
ooooh now I get it... well, that's a bit like my school... we do the SC in year 9, prelim in year 10, hsc and other prelims in year 11, and hsc in year 12.

Apathetic

I do it over 2 years. Like we do prelim and hsc in year 11 for half the subjects, and the other half in year 12. I think it's really good because there is not as much stress involved, but finishing your exams the first year isn't much fun, knowing that you still have another year... = )

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by Apathetic
I do it over 2 years. Like we do prelim and hsc in year 11 for half the subjects, and the other half in year 12. I think it's really good because there is not as much stress involved, but finishing your exams the first year isn't much fun, knowing that you still have another year... = )
I know exactly how that feels... I'm in that position right now...

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
anyway, 2 years is betta coz u get it over and done with...coz i hate skool! :D
Don't you mean 1 year?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I don't think I'd like to accumulate - not particularly fond of the idea of being a year behind my cohort - but I know accelerating is definitely a good thing. I did the HSC computing studies course in Year 11... I have to say, I thought the experience was invaluable. I found it extremely beneficial to be able to go through the rest of my HSC courses (not just the exams) knowing exactly what was in store.

And it meant I found out about the ranking-moderation thing in time to exploit it during Year 12. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I don't think I'd like to accumulate - not particularly fond of the idea of being a year behind my cohort - but I know accelerating is definitely a good thing.
YES! Japanese acceleration was the best thing I ever did, though I couldn't continue it last year (15 units for year 11 = die) it teaches you a lot more than you can learn otherwise, as well as "getting you into the swing" sooner.
Originally posted by Lazarus
And it meant I found out about the ranking-moderation thing in time to exploit it during Year 12. ;)
Alas I missed that day. :(

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i would never do it in two years! i dont think i would cope with the workload...
doing it in 2 years means that you would have to do 2 years worth of work for a few subjects in one hit... wow there is no way i would survive
and it would be strange because you would be with two different year groups and the social aspect of me wouldnt cope with that either...
yes i realise that you would end up graduating at the same time as the year you have spent years 7-10 with but it would be strange

edit- ahh shit sorry i just realise what you are asking... hmm i thought you meant if you accel in a few of the subjects... but shit doing year 11 and then spending 2 years in yuear 12..never.... i wouldnt want to drag it out that long and not being able to graduate with my friends... and spending a year with the other cohort would be too strange... you would feel too out of place and that you should already be out of that place

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
1 yeah is better i think, unless you have other reasons where you need to do it in more than 1 year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)