If you lose weight, do you lose your chest as well? (1 Viewer)

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
One of my friends who used to be chubby and lost weight to be about average-sized went down 2 bra cup sizes. And seriously, she looked better and more feminine before.

I seem to be losing weight now, and I am not even dieting - maybe stress or the fact that I don't feel hungry most of the time, or something. So I don't know if I should worry about losing my boobs as well.

:confused:

Legham

HSC
Either way, you shouldn't worry bout losing your boobs.. normal weight people with small boobs are more attractive than overweight people with big ones.

DarkGreenMagna

HSC
^ lol agree

pics now or didn't happen hehe:)

or not...

either way... listen to Legham, healthy girls with avg 'boobs' (hehe) are attractive IMO

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
yeah and big boobs probably means a big vagina.

*makes gesture*

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Can't say I've ever had to deal with this problem :D

At the end of the day, you and I both know you can't spot reduce. Females will store fat around their chest, thighs and butt primarily. So it doesn't make sense that no fat would be lost from your chest and all fat would be lost elsewhere - that's kinda like the opposite of spot reduction...losing fat from everywhere BUT the chest.

So yes, expect a reduction in bust size. If femininity is the issue though, as Legham said, it is far more attractive (and feminine in my opinion) to be in shape with a slightly smaller bust, than to be overweight with a larger bust.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Well...you say that, and maybe it's true about working out. But I know for a fact (ie personal experience) that after you have lost a few kilos from dieting/bad diet alone, you will start to find that your bras don't fit you, but the rest of your clothes do.

I went down two bra sizes in about six months, but remained a size 10 the whole time.

If you really want to make the boobies bigger again, go on the pill.

rozymisty

HSC
Thats what im worried about too...that when i lose all this weight, Im going to have smaller boobs. And IM not really one to really flash them etc, but yeah I dont want small ones again. Im a c-cup at the moment, and my friend one time said how come you got big boobs, and im like these arent big!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Every girl is different. So I guess you won't know till it happens. When I lost 12 kilos, I dropped a cup size...which was for the good, coz mine were far too big IMO lol

However, during my weight loss program, I was doing chest exercises with weights. I ended up strengthening the muscles around my boobs so they came up perkier! lol
My only suggestion is to do these weight exercises, and make sure you don't lose much weight if you don't need to!

Bank$

HSC
there are 2 ways to lose weight:
1 - lose fat - doing low heart rate cardio (60-70% of max heart rate)
2 - lose muscle - doing anerobic exercises (excluding weights) such as HITT training

now as long as u r losing fat then it is good because it means u r losing fat from ur breasts which will make them more firm :).

HITT training also will help u lose fat faster but if u r a guy and are doing weights then HITT training is not for u as the training requires more energy than fat can supply and this will result into losing muscle.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
iwannarock said:
yeah and big boobs probably means a big vagina.

*makes gesture*
HUUUUGE! \___/

iam sure your whale of a friend named chubby looked feminine with her bra stuffed full of fat[rolls eyes] but really its healthier and looks far better to be normal weight, no fat and 2 cup sizes down.

Nobody likes chubby saggy fat looking boobies anways. Even if they are DD

B's and C's are my fav

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Bank$ said:
there are 2 ways to lose weight:
1 - lose fat - doing low heart rate cardio (60-70% of max heart rate)
2 - lose muscle - doing anerobic exercises (excluding weights) such as HITT training

now as long as u r losing fat then it is good because it means u r losing fat from ur breasts which will make them more firm :).

HITT training also will help u lose fat faster but if u r a guy and are doing weights then HITT training is not for u as the training requires more energy than fat can supply and this will result into losing muscle.
Bank$, I have to disagree with you there somewhat. HIIT cardio will result in significant fat loss - far more significant than 60-70% max heart rate. Lower intensity exercise utilises fat as a primary energy fuel source during exercise, but the net adipose tissue (fat tissue) breakdown is far greater with HIIT cardio over a 24 hour snapshot.

Meanwhile with regards to the breakdown of muscle mass, HIIT cardio can actually produce an anabolic effect with regards to muscular hypertrophy (building muscle). Of course, significant amounts of HIIT cardio (or any cardio for that matter) will result in significant muscle atrophy (breakdown). But this simply is achieved through a caloric defecit - and could be just as effectively achieved through a diet deficient in calories.

It's very easy to get confused on this topic, particularly with the infamous "fat burning zone"...gah that is something I have a real beef about :D

For more reading on the subject, here are a few articles on my website:

Staying Fat In The Fat Burning Zone

(Begin with the one above, it's an article I had published in several fitness/bodybuilding magazines and provides a more general overview on the topic. The articles below analyse the subject in greater detail.)

Myths Under the Microscope - Fat Burning Zone

Myths Under the Microscope - Fasted Cardio

Myths Under the Microscope - Final Discussion

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
meh just lose lots of weight.. then ull lose ure periods too :) hurrah for anorexia nervosa..

munchybuddy

HSC
flyingdown said:
One of my friends who used to be chubby and lost weight to be about average-sized went down 2 bra cup sizes. And seriously, she looked better and more feminine before.

I seem to be losing weight now, and I am not even dieting - maybe stress or the fact that I don't feel hungry most of the time, or something. So I don't know if I should worry about losing my boobs as well.

:confused:
It depends on the person.

I lost 10 lg's a few years ago and i went from a 16B to a 12 DD.

Now i hate my boobs, but i love the fact that i am thinner and more healthy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)