If you were voted PM how would you reform.... (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
you

joking

not if we had guns
lol you reminded me of this boston legal scene where Alan and Denny are talking about gun control and Denny angrily replies "If it were up to you liberals then nobody would be shooting anybody and then where would we be."

Shane_

HSC
if we had gunz, da world would be a more vilent place brah, very vilent. you wont bodiz in da streetz brah?

absorber

HSC
Education

Transport

Welfare

Taxes

Healthcare

Communications

Infrastructure
Transport- reduce road funding, increase public transport funding

Welfare- eh, remain close to what it is now, praps slightly more generous

Taxes- presuming I don't care about trying to maintain popularity, I'd increase taxes by about 5% on the top bracket, maybe a bit more.

Healthcare- Australia has, for all the bullshit people give, a world-class health system. Increase funding for public healthcare I suppose.

For the economy in general I'd invest in infrastructure that would assist our strongest industries; i.e. mining, invest heavily in education as an industry we can export in the future, possibly tourism I guess?

xMaNx

HSC
Education: Make it education straight from year 7 onwards, and not from year 11 where real education begins, before that its a joke.

Transport: Introduce Newer/Faster/More means of public transport

Welfare: Reduce Welfare and aim at maximum employment.

Taxes: Depends, with all of the above stated, probably leave taxes where they are, or add some taxes like the mining tax for example, but not as large and over many industries not just one.

Healthcare: The public health care system is a joke. More Hospital staff will be appointed, and managers will be placed on top of each staff member to control them and to make sure Doctors are not just drinking coffee which they always do and never look at any patients. Also hospital beds will be increased, and staff will also be increased, along with the Medicare levy.

Communications: Seems ok tbh, just need faster broadband.

Infrastructure: Aim at improving roads, new roads, and If I could (need 4 terms minimum) re-build the whole city, and make it look like Dubai. (this is a dream of mine.)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
transport- increase public transportation funding, mandate architectural style-sheets for new development and medium density zones

encourage car-pooling and companies to establish branches and offices away from CBD areas to decrease commute times and make other locations more viable for living

Welfare- implement a soft EUGENIC approach to the baby bonus, decrease eligble candidates but increase size of bonus depending upon metrics such as measured IQ of the parents, perceived physical attractiveness and physical fitness and health

wipe out handouts for all single mothers, make divorces much harder to get

establish light-goods manufacturing facilities for long time DSP recipients, sterilize some DSP recipients

Healthcare-
shift healthcare focus to preventative medicine, increase amount of time playing sports in schools (with tracking for sports similar to academics so scrubs don't get washed)

free breakfasts and lunches in schools with strong emphasis on healthy, fresh food

eliminate eligibilty for access to universal and free healthcare to those with obesity/smoking/self inflicted problems

education-
eliminate all progressive/wishywashy/multiculti/"experimental" educational techniques from curriculums

restore emphasis on rote memorization in certain areas for the absorption of pertinent facts

vocationally based education for stupid kids, sooner

more sports and exercise

elimination of necessary taking of mathemathics beyond basic arthimetic for students below a certain intellectual threshhold

restore rigor to primary and secondary education to prepare students for workforce as soon as they leave high school

standardized high validity employment testing to eliminate unnecessary taking of degrees in order to procure employment

subsidize highly certain tertiary degrees in USEFUL fields (i.e not law, arts, etc) like engineering and math

decrease eligible candidates for college drastically

replace certifications with grueling and rigorous standardized employment tests in certain fields

infrastructure-

mandated architectural style-sheets for government buildings to restore aesthetic value instead of the ugly brick boxes and post-modern garbage that we have to put up with now (return of neoclassical etc town-halls, police stations, etc.)

government mandated and funded superprojects

redesign some existing suburbs with aim of increasing density, increasing aesthetic value of architecture, grid networks

redesign canberra

get rid of street-hierachy systems, bring back gridded streets for efficiency and to encourage pedestrians

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
blah blah blah
lol you are a stupid cunt

For the economy in general I'd invest in infrastructure that would assist our strongest industries; i.e. mining,
bahahah so lets take money from an industry and then give it back to them
because they obviously don't know what is in their own best economic interests but government does

fuck you are dumb

absorber

HSC
lol you are a stupid cunt

bahahah so lets take money from an industry and then give it back to them
because they obviously don't know what is in their own best economic interests but government does

fuck you are dumb
When last I looked, the mining industry contracted other business to transport their goods to help them export. The infrastructure is more for them than the miners themselves, dumbfuck

BeeemER

HSC
Reduce the asian population to say around about...

FKN ZERO

(no racism intended)

beefnoodle

HSC
Education: initiate a voucher-system that attaches the money to the student, not the school.
Transport: privatise CityRail, end all subsidies
Welfare: completely abolish it! COMPLETELY!
Taxes: abolish the personal income tax and replace it with a simple 20% sales tax or flat tax.
Healthcare: initiate a voucher-system, privatise hospitals
Communications: privatise
Abolish the minimum wage law and super-contribution.

and cut SPENDING!

:angel:

HSC
N/A
Education

Transport

Welfare

Taxes

Healthcare

Communications

Infrastructure
i can only speak for nsw.

transport/infrastructure: invest heavily into rail in the south west and north west of sydney, and rail links to industry sub-satelite cities

welfare: implement a similar 'work for the dole' program, opt for food vouchers.

healthcare: invest more into hospitals, beds, elective surgery, (not really sure about this one)

tax:make a flat rate of tax for everyone. maybe 30%. not tax exemptions, no tax deductable expenses nothing, just a flat rate of 30%.. this will be for both business and personal (though i think business tax is already at 30%?) (or some other figure)
those with very low salaries will get a tax refund.

communications: cut out this internet censorship crap, install fibre optic networks for universities, business, and those generally in a 30km radius from sydney. (or melbourne, perth, etc)

okay maybe those reforms are only limited to sydney, but for everything else i'd do what every other government does

commission a 'report', and not do anything about it/ slug it off onto the next government.

education: raise a 'tariff' on international students by about 5%, then with that help disadvantaged students from very poor households to go to uni.

impose higher taxes for tobacco.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
- death to all political opponents
- ban non-state owned media
- takeover mining companies or any sort of private organization exploiting the shared resources of australia
- kill all prisoners in jail for more than 5 years
- no tax

Lentern

HSC
-Abolish mandatory detention for refugees
-Abolish all public funding for private and religious schools.
-Abolish all subsidies for private health care.
-Install a 55% Resource Super Profits Tax
-Carbon tax of $28 per tonne.
-Building some water recycling plants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)