illegal assessments? (1 Viewer)

teacher

Iv'e noticed that some of your assessments are based on folio work already done. My teachers reckon you can't do this because as written in the syllabus "Aspects of the major design project that are used for school based assessment should not be used for internal assessment" Is this true?? Am I being ripped off?????

4play

well by now i have almost finished my portfolio

in the halfyearly exam there were questions about the portfolio but they were constructed so that they did not make you refer to your specific product.

for example "discuss the importance, with examples, of the planning stage used in the development of product solutions"

this doesnt specify that you have to refer to your product, but the phases you go through in designing and documenting the product include the phase asked in the question, and because you have first hand knowledge of using this phase then they assume that most people will be able to answer the question properly.

teacher

I'm refferring to the comment made by speersy ( 29.02.04) where he states "Don't you have assesments on sections of the folio that have been due yet?"
It seems to me that his teachers have used parts of his folio as a assessment task.

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yer not sure if its illegal, i mean we used project proposoal as our first assesement

It could be, but whos gonna know? I know it sux, its not fair but hey, thats life.

yc

Meh, we had the same thing.

It's just a way for teachers to make sure you're keeping up to date, it's in your own interest and there is no reason why it shouldn't be legal.......it's not like the teacher can't just go "well hypothetical speaking i'd give that a 10/10" and that's perfectly legal if they don't ever give you that mark, so it's really stupid to begin with. I guess some teachers see how stupid it is and choose to ignore the rules and use parts of your MDP as some of your assessments.

You're not getting ripped, it makes no difference really, you are quite able to walk up to your teacher and ask them directly what they think of your MDP and what you have to change to get full marks.

Sexy_Rach

sorry but i think your gettign ripped off. Are you sayign that you had to hand in other assemsments other than and innovation or sections of you MDP!...if so that suxs and you teachers are slack...thats way to much work!
Every assesment weve had has been to submit a part of our folio...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)