Illness/Misadventure in Exams - will it be accepted? (1 Viewer)

study2pass

HSC
So i had a really bad cold/headache/nasal congestion etc during the exam today. i had advised my supervisor before and she confirmed it afterwards and so did the principal and doctor. i left the exam halfway through because the headache was just killing me and i couldnt go on but reading through past posts im getting scared that it just wasnt enough to have my appeal successful? anyone please confirm?

i probably attempted half the paper so im scared af that my appeal wont go through.

this is what the supervisor wrote on my appeal "student reported before the exam he had a headache and flu like symptoms. he looked unwell during the exam. at 10.30 he reported his head still aching and not feeling good. I advised him to do as much as he felt he could do, student left exam at 11am"

Flop21

HSC
pls someone respond im dying
No one knows, you probably should have took some ibuprofen before the exam... a headache might not sound severe enough to be accepted. But I understand how debilitating they can be without medication. So maybe. You probably should have completed the exam though, just in case.

Try to complete your other exams, take cold and flu tablets before the exams. There is not much you can do now so just try to put it to the back of your head, it will probably go through. Don't stress about it.

sy37

HSC
If the supervisor confirms you are sick

then your appeal is 100% granted

trust me, bet ya $10

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
If the supervisor confirms you are sick

then your appeal is 100% granted

trust me, bet ya $10
what happens if it's granted but he left the test early? he doesnt get to do the test again, he gets no external mark?

Flop21

HSC
what happens if it's granted but he left the test early? he doesnt get to do the test again, he gets no external mark?
If it's granted then he gets the consequences of a illness/misadventure being granted... his mark is estimated.

If it's NOT then he gets whatever he got in the exam. If he didn't attend the exam, then obviously that would be 0.

study2pass

HSC
The supervisor is the one that wrote "student reported before the exam he had a headache and flu like symptoms. he looked unwell during the exam. at 10.30 he reported his head still aching and not feeling good. I advised him to do as much as he felt he could do, student left exam at 11am"

so im hoping thats sufficient?

leehuan

HSC
BOSTES takes into account everything very seriously, but they aren't going to be unrealistically dark-hearted with appeals. With enough documentation, it's possible to get away with it. Please tell me you had a doctor's certificate though.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
The supervisor is the one that wrote "student reported before the exam he had a headache and flu like symptoms. he looked unwell during the exam. at 10.30 he reported his head still aching and not feeling good. I advised him to do as much as he felt he could do, student left exam at 11am"

so im hoping thats sufficient?
Obviously, you would also need a dr. to confirm that you were genuinely sick. Although a supervisor may say you looked sick, that is not a medical opinion. If you didnt see a dr. right after the exam, your appeal is prob screwed.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Give it a go. If you were genuinely sick there is a good chance you will get accepted. Get a doctor's certificate asap if you didn't get one already.

study2pass

HSC
Yeah i went to my GP straightaway and he wrote done "sinusitis" as the medical condition and wrote down headache/blocked nose couldn't study in exam etc. is that sufficient?

rdeluc

HSC
N/A
Yes if doctor wrote this in the Misadventure and Illness Appeal form. You should be okay.

belladonna99

HSC
N/A
You're going to be OK. You reported it before the exam, your supervisor agreed that you looked ill in the report and you have a doctors certificate saying sinusitis, which is not just a bad cold but can be very debilitating. You have done everything you possibly could have done in the circumstances, including trying to stick the exam out. Dont spend time worrying about this...move on to the next exam.

HSC
N/A
guys i had the same for english
when do i send the form to bostes?
whens the deadline?

study2pass

HSC
You have no idea how much i needed those words of motivation/support. Its been killing me and disturbing my 4u study. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)