Illness/Misadventure process (1 Viewer)

natchet

HSC
Hi l have a pdhpe exam tomorrow and have been suffering from really bad gastro since wednesday night. This includes vomiting, diarrhoea, and stomach pains. l had an ancient exam today which l did regardless of my illness and it was extremely tuff. l went to the doctors straight after to fill out the illness/misadventure form as l don't think l'm capable of sitting for my pdhpe exam tomorrow. Besides a medical certificate which l have, what other sufficient evidence is needed to ensure that my application is upheld.

Also, l'm ranked 1st in pdhpe with a total internal assessment mark of 86. If l dont sit the exam tomorrow, what marks would l be getting etc.

Cheers.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
In terms of documentation I would say go to your deputy (or whoever is in charge of Yr 12 & HSC) tomorrow morning seeing as the exam isn't 'til 2pm and explain the situation and they should tell you whether your submission would be accepted and what/if you need anything other proof.

In terms of what marks you'll get, I'm sorry I have no clue lol

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Also, l'm ranked 1st in pdhpe with a total internal assessment mark of 86. If l dont sit the exam tomorrow, what marks would l be getting etc.Cheers.
First let's assume the second ranked student has raw internal of 79.
The best exam mark in the school apart from you is say 85.
So 79 is moderated (adjusted) to 85.
Now your raw internal 86 is 1/3 of the distance between 79 and 100. So your moderated internal will be 1/3 of the distance between 85 and 100.
That is, your moderated assessment will be 90,
If you are sick and your appeal is upheld, your exam mark will also be 90.

natchet

HSC
First let's assume the second ranked student has raw internal of 79.
The best exam mark in the school apart from you is say 85.
So 79 is moderated (adjusted) to 85.
Now your raw internal 86 is 1/3 of the distance between 79 and 100. So your moderated internal will be 1/3 of the distance between 85 and 100.
That is, your moderated assessment will be 90,
If you are sick and your appeal is upheld, your exam mark will also be 90.
oh ok thanks

natchet

HSC
In terms of documentation I would say go to your deputy (or whoever is in charge of Yr 12 & HSC) tomorrow morning seeing as the exam isn't 'til 2pm and explain the situation and they should tell you whether your submission would be accepted and what/if you need anything other proof.

In terms of what marks you'll get, I'm sorry I have no clue lol
l saw them today and they just said to go to the doctors and get a medical certificate. I'm not too sure on this because as stated in the illness form, it says just having a medical certificate isn't sufficient evidence.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
It's always best if you ask the doc to fill out section c of the form which has all the right questions

natchet

HSC
It's always best if you ask the doc to fill out section c of the form which has all the right questions
section c has been completed and attached is a medical certificate

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You need the BOSTES form filled in.

That will then be sent away with your exams.

From there they will mark your exam and then look at what gives you the best result - using your exam or only using your school assessment mark. If the former they won't grant your illness request because that wouldn't give you the best result. If using your school mark is best for you then you will get the illness granted in all probability.

Sit the exam however because if you don't sit the exam and they don't grant the illness application then you get zero for the exam.

natchet

HSC
You need the BOSTES form filled in.

That will then be sent away with your exams.

From there they will mark your exam and then look at what gives you the best result - using your exam or only using your school assessment mark. If the former they won't grant your illness request because that wouldn't give you the best result. If using your school mark is best for you then you will get the illness granted in all probability.

Sit the exam however because if you don't sit the exam and they don't grant the illness application then you get zero for the exam.
so if l sit the exam tomorrow whilst being sick, l should hand in the illness form and if its accepted, l will receive the highest mark either from my exam mark or assessment mark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)