illness/misadventure, what will i be entitled to? (1 Viewer)

carolineXO

HSC
so ive been sick for about a month and my family and i just assumed it was stress related but today i found out its glandular fever.. my assistant principal told me to get a doctors certificate and apply for illness/misadventure seeing as how i havent finished my exams yet.

i was just wondering if anyone knew what the board of studies does in these cases? do they offer extra points/marks or anything?

sophia711

HSC
"if your appeal is upheld you will receive your examination mark or your assessment mark for the examination, whichever is the greater. '

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If they grant the illness appeal they will work out your school's and thus your individual marks twice.

1st they do the normal aligning and moderating with your exam mark in the system. Then they do it a second time and take your external mark out of the moderation process for your school and work out the school's internal moderated marks without you in there. Then they slot you back in where your rank would put you.

They then compare your marks and give you the mark that is best for you.

You don't get 'extra' marks or anything like that - you either get what you would have received in the normal course of events or you will have your school's assessment mark become you HSC mark - whichever is best for you.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
One of the few people who have a legitimate reason for special consideration posting on BoS.

Hope you get well soon, and all the best for the HSC. :)

2011_

HSC
so ive been sick for about a month and my family and i just assumed it was stress related but today i found out its glandular fever.. my assistant principal told me to get a doctors certificate and apply for illness/misadventure seeing as how i havent finished my exams yet.

i was just wondering if anyone knew what the board of studies does in these cases? do they offer extra points/marks or anything?
I got illness / misadventure last year and it works exactly as those above have described. All the best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)