Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had?? (1 Viewer)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
i have noo idea lol. nah, but its controllable. the part on my face isnt very noticiable right now yay :D

rev-ise

HSC
I think I'd say the worst I've had was a fractured top mandible(jaw) and some knocked out front teeth. And man did that hurt for a few weeks, hate to think how it would've been without painkillers! :p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I have broken my wrist (really really bad) once, broken my little toe twice (the 2nd time was exactly a year to the day that i broke it the first time)...for major stuff thats about it

alby

cool duckie
HSC
add to my ever-growing list that i had a 24-hr bug 2 weeks ago which made me puke 4 times in 1 night...WORST experience ever :(
half-eaten pasta does not look good..and does not go down the drain well either *shudder*

justCARLA

HSC
ahhh i feel like I am always sick!
when I was little I had gromets(spl) put in my ears because I had trouble hearing, my parents were silly and got me sunburnt when i was little which developed into a skin condition.
I've had pneumonia and glandular fever, various ear and chest infections.
I’ve dislocated different fingers, my shoulders, broken my collar bone and apparently I have tennis elbow, despite having not played tennis in years… I can barely move my left arm about 3 out of 4 weeks a month it sucks!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Majour stuff, sprained my ankle. Thats really it.
But I was sick for 2months in early 2006 and coudln't eat for a whole week in that period.

Loza33

HSC
justCARLA said:
ahhh i feel like I am always sick!

I know what you mean!! I feel as if im always sick or injured..... and its soo annoying!! I want a whole month to go by, when im not sick or injured with anything!! But its hard.... even when im being very good and controlling my diabetes excellently it can still stuff up!!! Damn unreliable disease!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
at the moment I have a massive carpet burn on the top of my right foot. Can;t walk properly because it stings, and its sooooooo hard for me to put on shoes

sophie1989

HSC
WELL.... last year, at school i was swinging on a metal gate and there was a brick wall behind it and i pushed off from the ground and it rebounded and hit me in the face and smashed of half my right front tooth. It was all quite funny because i looked like a poor person who couldnt afford to make a trip to the dentist LOL!. My friend picked up the other half of my tooth, luckily because when i went to the dentist about an hour after it had happened he glued it (bonded) it back together!! ahah perrty funny story i rekon :p because you dont usually get your teeth glued back together heeheh u\but my mum was heaps angry at me and calling me heaps dumb and sutff cause apparently know one does that and if u see my heaps straight teeth you will see how it looks like i have braces :D lol ahhaha.. Thats the only injury i've really had..
AAhhh So traumatic :(
ha But now i dont eat on it cause i'm scared it will break off lol.

sophie1989

HSC
Loza33 said:
haha, i dont know how people dont cause damage to their bodies!! Like my mother has never broken anything in her life and the only illness besides the flu she has ever had is appendictics...

My bones break easily... like dancing... touch football.. rollarblading.. falling down hills.. its disgraceful how easily they snap...

Maybe i should drink more milk...
yeah! you should but drink milk in style with "SipAaahhh" straws :D yuumm:)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i fell down the stairs in my house this morning. i was aiming for the bathroom with my eyes pretty much glued shut with sleep... accidentally turned left instead of right, and bang, down the stairs.
granted, there's only 5 stairs. but they're made of wood. and they hurt when you smack down all of them with your spine. ouch.
i did that once before when we first moved in to this house...didnt think id be so dumb as to do it again. :eek:

NinjaSauce

HSC
when i competed in taw kwon do, i punched myself in the head. well... kinda.

attempted to clock what i tought was a turning kick, what turned out to become 'axe' [think being kicked DOWN, not across], and got bad positioning which through my hand diagonal, into my head, WHACK.

Dizzy for a couple of seconds. Felt pertty dodgy all day.

Woke up the next day, was Photophobic! A delayed concussion. Light through my blinds to my eyes BURNED. i felt my way out my room with one hand over my eyes and called my parents.

Off to hospital!

at the hospital they thought i was on drugs, literally the first thing they did when i got there, and they saw me was to roll my sleeves and check my arms :D

Next the Blood pressure machine broke... Twice. And clamped down HARD on my arm. Viens poping up everywhere. Motioned to mum, who thought i was being silly/childish/annoying, untill she looked at a purple arm with huge worm-like viens on it. She ripped it off. Nurse got angry at us. thought we were over reacting.
Tried again, and showed the Nurse, who ripped it off herself when she saw.

We took it manually then. :)

i can't really remember any more details than that... I got an MRI too. Noisy, noisy machine.

Loza33

HSC
Everyone has been laughing at me all day..... i expect everyone here to laugh at me too.... coz im an idiot...

Hm.. remembering saying how i break things easily? well, afterm last night i dont think it is a matter of weak bones, but of complete and utter stupidity!!

Hey, Cosmic Doris.... remember sayiung you though you were stupid fo falling down stairs twice?

Well... last night at lithgow maccas with school on our way back from sydney, the teacher was still inside and gave me the keys to go and open the bus for everyone..... i stood outside, leaned in to turn on the bus.. which was still in gear and bunny hopped... right onto my foot.... i kind of calmly went, "um.. guys, bus, foot.. stuck, OUCH!" the people didnt realize was my foot was still stuck... after a lot of laughing and them realizing what had happened a guy went its ok, jumped in and decided ot reverse it... back over my foot...

I didnt want to worry the teacher or make students go to hospital at lithgow late at night... so i said all was fine... subtely hopped over to other side, grit my teeth, tried not to cry and travelled all the way back to bathurst..

Woke up this morning in sooo muhc pain... couldnt walk or move toes....

Turned out i broke my second and third metatarsal...

Everyone at school thought i was blonde...

Now after hearing that i

"ran over my foot with a bus..... i was driving"

They are convinced!!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Loza33 said:
Everyone has been laughing at me all day..... i expect everyone here to laugh at me too.... coz im an idiot...

Hm.. remembering saying how i break things easily? well, afterm last night i dont think it is a matter of weak bones, but of complete and utter stupidity!!

Hey, Cosmic Doris.... remember sayiung you though you were stupid fo falling down stairs twice?

Well... last night at lithgow maccas with school on our way back from sydney, the teacher was still inside and gave me the keys to go and open the bus for everyone..... i stood outside, leaned in to turn on the bus.. which was still in gear and bunny hopped... right onto my foot.... i kind of calmly went, "um.. guys, bus, foot.. stuck, OUCH!" the people didnt realize was my foot was still stuck... after a lot of laughing and them realizing what had happened a guy went its ok, jumped in and decided ot reverse it... back over my foot...

I didnt want to worry the teacher or make students go to hospital at lithgow late at night... so i said all was fine... subtely hopped over to other side, grit my teeth, tried not to cry and travelled all the way back to bathurst..

Woke up this morning in sooo muhc pain... couldnt walk or move toes....

Turned out i broke my second and third metatarsal...

Everyone at school thought i was blonde...

Now after hearing that i

"ran over my foot with a bus..... i was driving"

They are convinced!!!
lmao hahahahahahaha. classic.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
well the only really major accident that i had that i can remeber is having a near deadly Asthma attack which was in another country where they had shit hospitals ruined my family's holiday :( this was when i was about4-5 and when i was about 5-7 i had a pick axe (sharp end) fall on my face right next my nose at the bottom not near my eye which nearly well killed me but i survived so i guess i cant really say lucky since its my HSC and im kinda wishing it had (Just joking im not emo-well not anymore) but the thing i hate most about that is i think it caused head trauma cause i cant concentrate that well when im bored and thats almost always in class and i can never get motivated to study which has caused me to stuff up my trials however most of my other marks werent nearly as bad as i though they would be but planing to study now for the HSC so we will see how it goes if i dont reach my mark at least ill know ive tried :)

CieL

HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
well the only really major accident that i had that i can remeber is having a near deadly Asthma attack which was in another country where they had shit hospitals ruined my family's holiday :( this was when i was about4-5 and when i was about 5-7 i had a pick axe (sharp end) fall on my face right next my nose at the bottom not near my eye which nearly well killed me but i survived so i guess i cant really say lucky since its my HSC and im kinda wishing it had (Just joking im not emo-well not anymore) but the thing i hate most about that is i think it caused head trauma cause i cant concentrate that well when im bored and thats almost always in class and i can never get motivated to study which has caused me to stuff up my trials however most of my other marks werent nearly as bad as i though they would be but planing to study now for the HSC so we will see how it goes if i dont reach my mark at least ill know ive tried :)
Wow.
Talk about lack of punctuation.

rozymisty

HSC
Too right! It make it really boring to read and easy to lose track

Well ive had a endometrial polyp last year, get the flu every year, broke a finger playing netball even though the ball was down the other end of hte court, wisdom teeth extracton and following that I got a dystonic reaction, ie fit, from taking maxalon to stop nausea etc....

oh yeah and i have a chronic retinal detachment which could need surgery later on..

MathsIsWeird

HSC
lol was in a rush had to study all my work for trials the next day :burn:

HSC
well it takes me about 3 hours to fall asleep and i wake up during the night anyways. does that classify as a sleeping disorder? chronic headaches, i've had glandular fever, a broken tailbone, broken finger, measles, i fainted when i had my first vaccination for the ovarian cancer thing at schools...and rage blackouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)