I'm going to be in the orientation day skit! yay! (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
um, yey!? haha what is it?
is it that thing that the mentors do on the day for the new students? i remember watching that in first year and thinking that if all mentors had to do the skit there was no way i would ever be a mentor :p

HSC
N/A
haha no, not a mentor thing at all. And yes, it's that fast-paced comedy skit that dramatises everyday mq life :D

People involved are mostly drama students (although not exclusively, eg me who has done barely any acting) who volunteer to do it :)

HSC
N/A
Monstar said:
When is orientation day.
OH MY GOD! *heart attack* One of the yellow-shirted people must have missed you on orientation day :( What degree are you doing? I'll find out which day you're on.

Orientation Day happens in one day the week before Semester starts, and is kinda like peer support uni-style. You'll be sitting down with all your fellow first years of your deparment, and we'll teach you how to use e-student, WebCT, access your student password etc. We'll break you up into peer groups of people doing the same degree (good time to start making friends) headed by a mentor (who might be a BOSer!!!) who is in second year or above, also doing your degree. We'll take you on a tour of the uni, pointing out important places like SES and SAM building (explaining what they are), as well as where to hand in your assessments and how to use the library.

We'll be in contact with you for the whole first 5 weeks of semester, and are basically a point of contact for ANY questions you might have that the uni doesn't really provide. Info like how to avoid peak hour parking at uni, what to do if your assessment is late, best ways to balance work/uni etc. :) It's definately worth coming along to!

O-week is short for 'orientation week' and it's the first week of semester. We have lots of cool stalls that run (mostly to advertise the clubs we have around campus) and unless specified you don't have to go to tutes that week :) BUT YOU STILL HAVE LECTURES!!!

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
hahahaha. I'm going to watch! I loved it! Remember that outrageously good looking blonde guy who played the sleazly lazy mac student? like wow. hot.
That's Pat! :D He's amazingly talented.

I CAN'T WAIT THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)