Im not sure if the uni course I want to do is right for me (1 Viewer)

blah21

HSC
Im really interested in the computer science/Information technology area, and I really like mathematics and know basic programming. The thing is that its the only thing that interests me but i dont want to make a mistake and waste money and time.

Its just i feel high school hasn't prepared me into knowing what I really want to do, cause apart from my maths they dont have any content on the computer science/information technology side. Ive looked at all the units on the course structures and they look all fine and interesting but still there is uncertainty in my mind.

Is it okay to feel like this?

astroman

HSC
Hey Man, it's completely normal to feel overwhelmed with what you want to do at uni, I've changed courses three times LOL. I'd say go to open days and talk to current students doing the courses your interested in. Look at the subject outlines to get a feel for the subjects that you will do and see if these things interest you.

MONONYMOUS

HSC
Yeah, try talking to people with jobs in that area and/or try getting into work experience.

ninjia

HSC
N/A
bro i know people who are in their second year of a degree and they still dunno what degree they want to do. chill or if u wanna freak out together hmu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)