I'm screwed for the ATAR :/ (1 Viewer)

MathsN00b

HSC
Just done my trials and I have completely failed them (<50%)

Technically I was aiming for 90+ atar before realising that I'll possibly be getting 80. However, having done all my internal assessments, I feel like I'm just gonna get ~40 atar.

These are my estimated results from my trials:

English: I'll possibly get 20/105 marks (didn't write much for essays) --> My rank was lowest in cohort so I'll probably stay with 59/60

Chemistry: ~ 30% ---> ranked somewhere middle

Biology: 70-80% --> overall rank so far 8/20 [probs my only best subject =_=]

Italian: 20% ---> rank 3/5 so far

Maths 2U: 80-90% --> 11-12th rank

Maths 3U: 30/70 --> 15/16 rank

It seems impossible for me to reach 80-90 ATAR even if I did well in externals since my mark will be average of both internal and external (so if I got 90% in HSC but my assessment marks are 30-40%, my Hsc mark would be 60-65%)
The reason I need to get a high ATAR is that my parents are expecting it, after putting so much of their money to help me get a high atar...but I feel like I've wasted it. Whenever my cousins or family friends finish their HSC they always get 90s or high 80s and their parents would tell everyone else. A lot of my relatives are expecting a high ATAR from me as well and I felt extremely bad that my parents wouldn't be able to do the same. They won't be proud of me as the other parents have been proud of their kids.
Plus I feel like transferring or doing TAFE instead of going to Uni immediately is an embarrassment to the family.

I know my HSC mark will be greatly affected by my English rank (since it's the most important subject).
If I really did well in the externals, what would become of my HSC mark/ATAR?

bakstar

HSC
my mark will be average of both internal and external (so if I got 90% in HSC but my assessment marks are 30-40%, my Hsc mark would be 60-65%)
Your mark will be average of external and moderated internal based on your ranks. I know that your ranks aren't the greatest but your moderated internal won't be lower than the lowest external mark of the school.

Secondly to answer your actual question if you did really well in your trials your final HSC standings would be heavily influenced by how everyone else in your grade does. Particularly the external marks closer to the bottom of the grade which is where you are hovering.

MathsN00b

HSC
So what do you reckon would happen if the person with the lowest rank internally in the cohort comes first/second/third in the externals (or beats the person who usually comes first)?

astroman

HSC
A blackhole will form and there will be a warp in space time continuum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)