• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I'm so doomed aren't I? (1 Viewer)

shmoester

Hey I just found out about this site, perhaps you can solve my problem for me..

I have been going pretty poor in every subject for the whole year, not because I suck but because I don't have the time for proper study.

Here's the subjects I do-

Eng (adv)
Math (2u)
Software
Physics
Chem
Eco
Eng Ext.

For trials (I failed all miserably)-

Eng 30%
Math 10%
Software 50% (Ok so I didn't fail this one)
Physics 40%
Chem 44%
Eco 44%
Eng ex 44% (At least I'm consistant!)

I was going to apply for early entry but they all want to see your trial results and well as you can see those are crap.

If I slug it out and put in all the study I can before the HSC and pull of some really really high marks (like 90%+, I'm totally capable of it) what do you think I might get for my UAI?

If rank has anything to do with it, I'm last in english, ext eng, eco and maths. but I'm 3rd in software, 6th in physics and 6th in chem.. The class sizes are pretty small mind you, lots of smart people as well..

I know I should have put lots more work into it but so many different things have come up that have stopped me... Thanks...

~ Shmoe ~

shmoester

You mean ranked for the exam results?
Maths I wasn't last, but nowhere near first.
Chem I'm like 6th, physics 6th, Software 2nd, eng like last, same with ext eng... Oh and eco I probably got the lowest I dunno, but I'm ranked last.. It's so depressing because I'm a lot smarter than this all makes me out to be..

espo14

Banned
if you're so much smarter then why are your results that bad?
and what uai are you aiming for?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
You are doomed....

i guess there is no harm in trying to pull your HSC marks up.

You could still get early entry if you have a good application/interview. Also when they say trial marks, this can be interpred as your total marks after the trials. not your marks for the actual trial.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
doomed i tells ya! DOOMED!!

no seriously, thats a big hole to try and dig yourself out of, but try anyway

mack

Banned
HSC
Im not sure what UAI you could get at this stage, but if youre after 80 or 90+, im afraid the only thing that may be left is holding the UAC computer technicians at gunpoint to alter the UAI's at their office.

tamia

HSC
N/A
Well i guess u could try, after all there's no harm in trying. Try and be positive and work ur butt off. I really think u should adopt a good study method, coz i mean theres no point studying if its not effective.

U've really left this to the last minute! Well all i can say is goodluck and get cracking!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
God daMN!
I thought i was going quite bad... oh well... im not too far off... lets see how well we can improve (if we do) :)

Just as long as you understand it.... no matter how many hours you study, it relies on that old adage - Quality not Quantity.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
wow, i have seen some poor results on this channel, that... is pretty bad.

i think you need to sit down and study from now on..

UAI of 50 maybe(if you do really well in HSC)? i dont know cos i am not good at these things....

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it just sounds like you are trying to make excuses for your poor performance.

i dont mean to sound harsh, but i think you have convinced yourself that you are much more smarter than others. but the reality is that it doesnt matter what you think. you have to prove it through results. unfortunately knowing you are capable doesnt cut it in this world. its the hard working that come out on top.

mack

Banned
HSC
Dont think you arent capable though, anyones capable of anything. Just put it all behind you, you cant go back in a time machine and make it all better can you? No, so just focus on the next challenge.

lissa2085

Don't let the replies here put you off and make you give up. Sure, you're trial marks aren't fantastic, but remember that they aren't the be all and end all. If i were you i'd work REALLY hard for the HSC and help all your mates too, so that you're cohort goes really well overall - this will pull your assessment marks up. I don't think you are doomed, you're subjects scale ok i think, you just have to perform really really well in the HSC - after all, thats the main exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)