I'M SOO CONFUSED!! (1 Viewer)

misssunshine

HSC
N/A
hey guys so i want to do french continuers for year 11 and 12 (currently doing french as an elective with 10 ppl in the class) however my school does not want to run a french class next year. Today, i had my subject selection interview and they completely scrapped french continuers of my sheet and put in my reserve instead. They told me that open high doesn't start until term 2 2020, so i'll have to do my reserve for term 1. This does not make any sense. (CONTEXT: my school has this thing against french for some reason i think it's cuz of the money of hiring a qualified teacher but yeah anyway) . Is this true??? On the Open High application, it says that it starts at the commencement of 2020!! If what my school is saying about me doing my reserve for term 1 then doing open high which starts at term 2 is indeed a lie (because it could possibly be quite embarrassing for the school that 4 students study a continuers language by themselves), what do i do?
PLEASE HELPPPP! I REALLLLY WANT TO DO FRENCH CONT!!

quickoats

HSC
I'm not awfully sure about the process of Open High, but some of my friends did a subject via distance education. They started it at the beginning of the year, however, they had to turn up to their 'reserve' class for about 2 months before they could drop it.

Your school probably isn't lying to you, they're probably just confused on the distance ed system. They have some sort of responsibility to offer you a 'safety net' in terms of units i.e. your reserve, so that if the independent distance learning style is not for you, you can easily keep everything in the 'mainstream' school without having the issue of not having enough units to be eligible for a HSC.

misssunshine

HSC
N/A
I'm not awfully sure about the process of Open High, but some of my friends did a subject via distance education. They started it at the beginning of the year, however, they had to turn up to their 'reserve' class for about 2 months before they could drop it.

Your school probably isn't lying to you, they're probably just confused on the distance ed system. They have some sort of responsibility to offer you a 'safety net' in terms of units i.e. your reserve, so that if the independent distance learning style is not for you, you can easily keep everything in the 'mainstream' school without having the issue of not having enough units to be eligible for a HSC.
omg thank you so much i understand it now!! Thank you!!

felicityatwood

HSC
I think that it is more effective to use a tutor, it gave you a lot of preference in your education. When I was starting a new language I found out that it was the most greater driver for my language. I think that you also can find the community in your area. Learning is spending your time on the focus every day, that's why try to find as many different sources for developing as possible.

Ebubble

HSC
open high? as in Online School of Languages? It starts in Term 1 like any other subject. You have to pay a fee as well. I do it, since the beginning of the year.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
open high? as in Online School of Languages? It starts in Term 1 like any other subject. You have to pay a fee as well. I do it, since the beginning of the year.
what is the online school of languages?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)