I'm struggling with economics!!! PLS HELP!! (1 Viewer)

ragingcurry

HSC
My Economics teacher is really shit, she just blabbers on in class and barely covers content. She expects us to do everything at home. If you tell her to change her teaching style she just ignores you.
Can I just read the market economy textbook and do past papers, to do well in economics. (IS IT ENOUGH TO GET A HIGH BAND 5/BAND 6?)
Class at school is shit.
I don't seem to remember anything that we have covered in class. Although as I study it I seem to understand it.

I have just completed the case study and got second out of the whole cohort (96%). How do I keep this up in exams If I can't seem to remember anything.

PLS HELP

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

miaoww

HSC
my eco teacher was absolutely awful as well, we spent like 4 weeks on the last topic which is the biggest. I got a tutor and ended up coming first for every assessment, but it wasn't easy. I ended up with an 89 in the HSC -- its hard because some students in your class will struggle more than others without a good teacher and then drag your marks down.

economics has a shit tonne of content, so you need to go ahead of your class and learn it by yourself (use your holidays wisely). i recommend getting a tutor but that isn't always practical so you need to find a way to study that works for you (weekly past papers, practice essays, mindmaps etc). maybe a group of students in your class could have a regular study group and help each other out or something? the dot points economics book is good in making sure that you understand every single dot point of the syllabus so i used that as well.

it isn't enough just to memorise the content, you have to know how to apply it to different questions by doing practice papers. try and rank first so your marks aren't pulled down by everyone else as much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)