im thinking of coming--psych! (1 Viewer)

Chew me:)

HSC
im thinking of coming to UWS to do psychology! is it good? or should i try harder and get in somewhere else?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
What are we expected to say?

YAY OMG WOOO UWS STUDENTS FOR LIFE DAWG!

Without knowing how good the course is at UWS, when considering psychology it was highly preferences. This was because the UAI was easily attainable for me (much easier than the 95ish+ stuff for MQ/UNSW/USYD B Psychs). Now, with psychology there are a few path ways to clinical psychology and they involved a 4 year course. This can be done through B arts - psych + an honors year however honors for that course is highly competitive. With the UWS you do the 4 years psych and be guaranteed 4 years of psychology with a UAI of around 80.

However, its still early so work hard so that you have the most amount of options open to you incase in a few months time you realise you want to be a doctor or lawyer...or fall in love with USYD campus and really want to do psych there:p

Jonathan A

HSC
Go to UWS!

Psych actually is the best at UWS. The biggest problem facing students is that they think everything good is at USyd. Each Uni has its specialties. Law for example is well-established at USyd (although Melbourne Uni is actually the best provider of Law in Aus).

One of the specialties at UWS (apart from business) is Psychology. We have Australia's second largest faculty and NSW's largest faculty for Psychology. UWS works on a lot of ground-breaking research in psychology with man labs including the MARCS auditory labs.

I recall UWS was the only Australian university to rank in the top ten providers of psychology education according to the American Psychological Association.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
really now? wow i'm very confused because of this. my goal has been USYD but since the UAI is so freakin high i'm also considering other options, one reason i stayed away from UWS was because i wasn't sure what the campus was like, is it nice like USYD and UNSW or is it kind of derro looking like UTS? :p

*Buttercup*

HSC
I'm doing psych at UWS and I'm enjoying it :) One of the reasons I picked UWS was because of the smaller campuses and smaller class size compared to USyd etc - I thought at UWS I'd be more likely to get one-to-one help from teachers if i needed it, and that seems to be true - most of the lecturers I've had don't mind helping if u email them or whatever...and that's definitely an advantage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)