Imaginary numbers? So last century. (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yes, but... that's not... as fun.

C

coca cola

maniacguy said:
My calculator reckons that $\pi$ has a finite decimal expansion. But this means that $\pi$ is rational, since multiplying by a sufficiently large power of 10 gives an integer!

I eagerly await my Fields medal.
Too late. I already applied last year with that result, my Fields medal should be in the mail by now, a gold Archimedes is gonna look nice on my neck.

mojako

HSC
coca cola said:
Too late. I already applied last year with that result, my Fields medal should be in the mail by now, a gold Archimedes is gonna look nice on my neck.
I dont think something this important would be in the mail :p
And if it is probably the postman stole it.

C

coca cola

How do you know I'm not the postman? Assumption, assumptions - I'm the courier mail for Mr John Fields.

mojako

HSC
coca cola said:
How do you know I'm not the postman? Assumption, assumptions - I'm the courier mail for Mr John Fields.
oh theres a very obvious flaw in that statement if you relate that to your previous post.
If you were the postman, you would know whether the medal is already in the mail or not because you're delivering it yourself.

Therefore, by proof of contradiction, you're not the postman.

C

coca cola

Haha. How do you know I'm not a contradiction? I mean I can be a contradictory postman with a sad commercial brand as name. :p

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
lim[x->0] x<sup>x</sup> = 1

Easily provable, so there is justification in saying that:

0<sup>0</sup> = 1

But that's like saying 1/oo = 0, it's 'right' but it doesn't mean anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)