Imaginative Journey Question (1 Viewer)

summer25

HSC
imaginative journeys are inspired by the need to escape and resolve the challenges of our reality and hence liberate the individual. It is ultimately through opportunities for speculation in the expanded metaphysical world that we can make new discoveries about ourselves and create experiences which challenge our persepctive on existance. As such it is through this process that individuals can renegotiate their values and perceptions of their lives, leading them to greater self development within the real world.

question three okay... i failed question one

passion89

HSC
wm_abusef said:
I seriously thought that all schools would have gone through this whole concept of speculation etc. I've always thought it was critical, crucial and fundamental to the whole idea of an Imaginative Journey???

At school, we had never actually gone through speculation much less did I think it was that critical to imaginative journeys. But overall, I'm very happy with what I came up with despite the dodgey journey lessons lol

hocko88

HSC
passion89 said:
'More than anything else, imaginative journeys are about the process of speculation'

How did you find the question?
I thought it was pretty indirect but in the end I mustered up some stuff about it not being so much speculation than interaction with the journey.

Did you guys argue against or for it?

WTF does speculation mean????

charlie11111111

HSC
my teacher has told me all year about the three important rubric words of imagination, inspiration and speculation. basically, saying u have to include them in ur essay. so i argued against the question, saying that it is more than just a "process of speculation" but a combination of entering an imaginary world, speculating and being inspired to grow as a person.

good luck with paper 2 everyone

karoooh

HSC
I argued for it, because in Kubla Khan (and though I didn't get a chance to write about it, Lime Tree) Coleridge goes on each journey and learns soemthing new and this was achieved through speculation.

I linked it up with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Journey to the Interior, cos they share one of the interpretations/lessons taught - That the imagination/process of creativity/inner psyche are dangerous plains that one must be careful with.

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
quincyboi said:
But doesn't argue imply taking only one side?.....
"Argue your point"

That means simply argue what you believe the imaginative journey is in relation to that quote.

You can be for, against or both really.

mellie06

HSC
at my school i think it was pretty much split between for and against...all of us were kind of screwed though because our teachers sort of assumed we got the whole process thing and so focused heavily on techniques, outcomes, insights etc...

and yeah...argue your point of view just implies that you find evidence to support whatever your view is, whether you think totally for, totally against or in the middle...

hello_world

HSC
j_a_m_e_s said:
I just said speculation was not as important as my concepts of journey of self discovery and obstacles and opportunities. Basically said it was beneficial to speculate but you must take action, etc, etc.
I said that too!

lissyb

HSC
ha ha ha... my teacher told me to always to agree with any statements posed... and i argued against the speculation question. what was i thinking? but serious, the journeys are about imagination, intellect, inspiration as well as speculation. spec. doesnt make up the bulk of the IJ...

passion89

HSC
lissyb said:
ha ha ha... my teacher told me to always to agree with any statements posed...
Really? Lol...why?

Sometimes they have weirdo questions where they expect the students to argue against them.

v_wangnet

HSC
i wrote its not allabout speculation mainly about broadening understanding/perception THROUGH speculation. pathetic stupid paper. die. i feel sorry for physical ppl tho..theyre quesion looked even harder.

Cabrello

HSC
I think you could probably have done I have A Dream, I did

The Tempest
The Ivory Trail
I have A Dream

I didn't intend on doin gthe Ivory Trail, I'd prepared Town where time stands still and as my backup Margaret Atwood.

I made the flimsiest argument around speculation just being giving something consideration and generally thinking about an issue. It worked really well for the Tempest but I fell down on the Ivory Trail. As far as I have A dream, I just focussed on the text allowing the audience to envision the future like him and in the process of the imagination blablabla the audience had to speculate.

Maybe thats just me though, because my teacher really pushed that journeys aren't for the characters they're for the audiences, and although the characters go on their journeys, it's the audience that counts most in the imaginative journeys because they can't interact with the text or something like that...all I know is that I'm thankful for 12 units and extension II english...hopefully that exam didn't count

passion89

HSC
Cabrello said:
I think you could probably have done I have A Dream, I did

The Tempest
The Ivory Trail
I have A Dream

At the beginning of the year, my class had to do an analysis on three texts of our own choosing and for one I chose I have a Dream.
I was told by my teacher that I couldn't do it because it was already on the HSC list for the module Speeches.

WTF? So in the end we were allowed to do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)