Imaginative Journeys Gattaca (1 Viewer)

..:::LoZzA:::..

HSC
Would someone be able to help me i have this speech i have to write on imaginative journeys and the topic is "Imaginative Journeys always transform us in some way". i have to include one text of my own chosing and ive chosen Gattaca would someone be able to help me to relate this back to the topic???? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

malkin86

HSC
You might argue that the responder is edified by the forceful presentation of a dystopian future in which humans can control the genetic structures of their offspring. :uhuh: By going on an imaginative journey into the world of Gattaca, we are given food for thought and a renewed sense of our own humanity, which could be said to be transforming. :3

cyberpunk

ghg
HSC
Well, i rekon its best to split it up into the different levels:

Composer:

-Takes his own imaginative journey within his mind, (linked to inner journey), the fact is they probably had this journey within their head then felt strongly enough that they decided to produce a film about it.

Audience:

-Is shown a possible future, effects of science (negative) blah blah, may change their opinions on the development of new technologies etc... Or they may support it- they support the enhancement of humans (resistant reading- possibly Nazi??) Its good to show some different possible readings, as it is INSIGHTFUL AND SOPHISTICATED

Characters:

Im too tired to do this for you, how do the characters change throughout the text?? U have to answer this as i watched it ages ago- But to start I know that the girl decides not to hand him in -she is changed by talking with him-, and when they do the final swim, his brother decides sees that he is not really an 'Invalid" as society portrays him, but is capable human... His brother HAS BEEN CHANGED ;)

ok well thats it, cos 2 half yearlys tommoz :'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)