imaginative journeys related material (1 Viewer)

loz8888

HSC
just wondering if anyone can tell me if Li Cunxin's autobiography 'Mao's Last Dancer' is an imaginative journey? if so, how?
thankyou!!

bwong

HSC
yeah u probably could use it and link it into imaginative journeys by saying how he is retelling his journey kinda like rime of the ancient marriner. imaginative journey via retelling? but its a stretch. its more of an inner and physical journey than imaginative.

thelamest

HSC
Does anyone agree that 'The Fifth Element' would be a good related text to do for imaginative journeys. Aside from the obvious fact that the movie is futuristic set in the 23rd century, I think the characterisation is important especially for Milla Jovovich as her character develops in every way (mind, body, language, style, social skills) and this could represent her journey, and also the imaginative journey of Luc Besson (the director) as he represents his predictions of our futuristic society.

Can anyone come up with any more good points to use for this text in relation to imaginative journeys?
Thanks.

chriskoss

HSC
thelamest said:
Does anyone agree that 'The Fifth Element' would be a good related text to do for imaginative journeys. Aside from the obvious fact that the movie is futuristic set in the 23rd century, I think the characterisation is important especially for Milla Jovovich as her character develops in every way (mind, body, language, style, social skills) and this could represent her journey, and also the imaginative journey of Luc Besson (the director) as he represents his predictions of our futuristic society.

Can anyone come up with any more good points to use for this text in relation to imaginative journeys?
Thanks.
seems more like a physical journey to me.. being born then learning about life ultra-fast..?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)