imagine that you have a japanese visitor. (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
was wondering if anyone would do me the honour of reviewing my response to the question:

Imagine that you have a Japanese visitor. This is his or her first visit to Australia. You are going to take him or her around Sydney. Imagine a conversation between you and your visitor, talking about where you want to go and what to do.

am doing japanese beginners, and the preferred structures for inclusion in this response were: -shou, -shou ka, -masen ka, -to omou, -tai, -n desu, -n desu ga, -kara desu, general discussion about depatures, and kanji where appropriate.

answered appropriately using current extent of my vocabulary, but had trouble with question as not very familiar with sydney myself. any mistakes or recommendations (including a better itinerary) welcome.

me: いっしょに車でシドニーをりょこうしましょう。
isho ni kuruma de shidonii wo ryokou shimashou.
not sure if ryokou is appropriate here.

visitor: ああよかった。何時にしゅっぱつしますか。
aa yokatta. nanji ni shuppatsu shimasu ka.

me: 午前8時ごろしゅっぱつします。まずびじゅつかんへえを見に行きましょう。そのあとしょくぶつえんへはなを見に行きましょう。それからハーバー・ブリッジに行ってサー*ュラー・*ーでひるごはんを食べましょう。
gozen hachi ji goro shuppatsu shimasu. mazu bijutsukan he e wo mi ni ikimashou. sonoato shokubutsuen he hana wo mi ni ikimashou. sorekara haabaa burijji ni itte, saakyuraa kii de hirugohan wo tabemashou.

visitor: ひるごはんにオーストラリアの食べ物が食べたいと思っているんですが…
hirugohan ni, oosutoraria no tabemono ga tabetai to omotte iru n desu ga...

me: 大じょうぶですよ。ひるごはんにオーストラリアの食べものを食べましょう。ミート・パイやソーセージパンやフィッシュとチップスやラミントンケーなどを食べてもいいですよ。
daijoubu desu yo. hirugohan ni, oosutoraria no tabemono wo tabemashou. miito pai ya, sooseeji pan ya fisshu to chippusu ya raminton keeki nado wo tabete mo ii desu yo.

visitor: うれしいです。
ureshii desu.

me: ひるごはんを食べてから、シドニーすいぞくかんへ行きたいと思いますか、タウン・ホールへ行きたいと思いますか。
hirugohan wo tabete kara, shidonii suizokukan he ikitai to omoimasu ka, taun hooru he ikitai to omoimasu ka.
suizokukan: aquarium

visitor: さかなにきょうみがあまりありません。
sakana ni kyoumi ga amari arimasen...

me: じゃ、タウン・ホールへ行きましょう。それから、シドニー・タワーへ行きませんか。
ja, taun hooru he ikimashou. sorekara, shiodnii tawaa he ikimasen ka.

visitor: お*がいします。それに時間があったら買物に行きたいです。とも*ちにプレゼントを買いたいんですが…
onegai shimasu. sore ni jikan ga attara kaimono ni ikitai desu. tomodachi ni purezento wo kaitain desu ga...

me: 大じょうぶです。シドニーには人きがあるデパートがたくさんあるからです。うちにかえる前に、買物に行きましょう。
daijoubu desu. shidonii ni wa ninki ga aru depaato ga takusan aru kara desu. uchi ni kaeru mae ni, kaimono ni ikimashou.

visitor: ああよかった。
aa yokatta.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

mazu bijutsukan he e wo mi ni ikimashou. sonoato shokubutsuen he hana wo mi ni ikimashou
Should be

mazu bijutsukan de e wo mi ni ikimashou. sonoato shokubutsuen de hana wo mi ni ikimashou

Because you are doing an action at that place

ureshii desu.
Maybe say

oishi sou desu ne

hirugohan wo tabete kara, shidonii suizokukan he ikitai to omoimasu ka, taun hooru he ikitai to omoimasu ka.
Are you trying to say after lunch we go to aquarium.....?

If so it should be hirugohan wo taberu atode, shidonii.....

sakana ni kyoumi ga amari arimasen...
Maybe you could alter it to sakana ya nettaigyo nado ga amari suki jyanai desu. Or just plainly say "sakana no kyoumi ga arimasen. Gomenasai"

Then after soudesuka? ja, taun hooru he ikimashou. sorekara, shiodnii tawaa he ikimasen ka.

daijoubu desu. shidonii ni wa ninki ga aru depaato ga takusan aru kara desu. uchi ni kaeru mae ni, kaimono ni ikimashou.
daijoubu desu. shidonii dewa takusan ninki no depaato ga arimasu. sorede uchi he kaeru mae ni, kaimono ni ikimashou.

Edit: I realise you keep using he. Markers look at the different structures you use, so try to use ni when indicating going somewhere etc

Hope that helped

rhia

salty
HSC
pLuvia said:
Should be

mazu bijutsukan de e wo mi ni ikimashou. sonoato shokubutsuen de hana wo mi ni ikimashou

Because you are doing an action at that place
i know that de is used to express 'action act', but according to three sources i currently have, that construction is correct... ?

purpose with motion = place + he/ni + object/etc + wo + verb stem + ni + verb of motion ... ?

e.g i went to the bakery 'for the purpose of' buying bread = panya ni pan wo kai ni ikimashita

pLuvia said:
Maybe say

oishi sou desu ne
good suggestion - had originally thought of that myself.

pLuvia said:
Are you trying to say after lunch we go to aquarium.....?

If so it should be hirugohan wo taberu atode, shidonii.....
yes, that's what i was trying to say: what is the difference, if there is one, between -te kara and plain + ato de?

pLuvia said:
Maybe you could alter it to sakana ya nettaigyo nado ga amari suki jyanai desu. Or just plainly say "sakana no kyoumi ga arimasen. Gomenasai"
cheers, yes: there's more than plain old fish at the aquarium. i also thought sakana (ya nettaigyo nado) ni kyoumi ga (amari) arimasen ga... .

thanks heaps.

P

pLuvia

what is the difference, if there is one, between -te kara and plain + ato de?
No difference lol, but I just more commonly use atode, you don't see many people use te kara

purpose with motion = place + he/ni + object/etc + wo + verb stem + ni + verb of motion ... ?
If that's the case then use that way :p But in that case you should use ni instead of he

rhia

salty
HSC
pLuvia said:
No difference lol, but I just more commonly use atode, you don't see many people use te kara
that's weird, because i haven't seen many use -te kara!

and i'm going to nitpick, because your use of ato de roused my curiosity: my textbook says that ato de should only be used after the past plain tense of a verb, not the past present? so, tabeta ato de. (but i shall bow down to you because you are jap. ext. and i am but a lowly beginner.)

pLuvia said:
If that's the case then use that way :p But in that case you should use ni instead of he
yes, my comprehension of ni and he is a bit poor!

P

pLuvia

so, tabeta ato de.
Opps, yeh that should be right :) My mistake :p

So sorry about that mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)