Imaginitive Journey Texts (1 Viewer)

Robbo_m8

I've got to find some good Imaginative Journey texts. I've found a fair few good ones, such as the Song Holy Grail, Timeline by Micheal Crichton and some movies, but we also have to find some texts for other categories. Does anyone no any good non fiction texts that could be written about? Or just generally some good texts out there?

aliciat

HSC
My HSC was last year and I'm already forgetting. lol

You have to do the Coleridge poems, two? (I did Ancient Mariner and Lime Tree) and a text from the stimulus and then one/two of your own?

That's how I seem to remember it. My choices were Heart of Darkness - Joesph Conrad and Frankenstein - Mary Shelly. Depending on the general theme of your essay those two can work really well.

I ended up dropping Conrad because I only had to do One extra from my HSC.

I hoped that help. lol

shafqat

HSC
N/A
dont do a prescribed text as a supp text
markers dont look kindly upon it

fakingtheday

HSC
I'm doing imaginative journeys now. I've got two texts, my main one is the film 'Pink Floyd - The Wall' and my back up is Bright Eyes - 'Bowl of Oranges'. And yes don't do a prescribed text.

bEAbEA

HSC
Hi Robbo!
Yeah - what the others said, don't do a prescribed text!!!!
Alice in Wonderland is a great one, so is the butterfly effect - a film

Robbo_m8

thanx peoples.
To ur last question dude, a supplementary text is one u read on ur own, gotta have a few of them to talk about journeys and a few of the other modules. Prescribed texts are any text at all that u have to do. This includes texts that other english students might be doing from any of the levels. To bring in these prescribed texts from other modules or levels of english is not a good idea. Markers dont like it, as it doesnt indicate large reading which is what ur supposed to do. Even if u dont do those prrescribed texts yourself, the markers dont no that and others in the state might.

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
hey robbo, and bethany!!
the whole skools on line!!
anyway, there a heap, like the 2 that b said but what about
Love Greg and Lauren - about sept 11
some songs by Natalie Imbruglia
thats all i can think of, i've got the book if you want to read it for later

nerd_it_up

HSC
hey
4 my supplementary text file thing that i did about 3 weeks ago i did a film; Donnie Darko,a poem; 'To His Coy Mistress' by Andrew Marvel and song; peace train by cat stevens, a film; a beautiful mind; and a spriderman comic strip...good luck

persephone

HSC
i forgot mine. i had to find it again on my computer. I did the painting "In the Wood" by Renoir and the film "Donnie Darko."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)