• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Impact of Globalisation (1 Viewer)

rkk

HSC
What is the impact of globalisation on the standard of living in the Global economy?

Is this question asking about quality of life,levels of unemployment,rates of inflation,external stability of the world???

If it is then what examples do you use?

felixcthecat

HSC
yup, if it's standard of living it means social development which would include factors such as HDI, literacy, infant mortality, life expectancy, income disparity, World Development Index (WDI) and so on...but not much as inflation that would be economic development, and less of standard of living...

to prove its effect from globalisation, it would be good to compare and contrast a certain economies HDI index, literacy, income disparity between different years (such as 2 decades ago and current data), or depending on countries, such as China you may compare prior to 1980 and now, which has had huge improvements to date.

standard of living on the global economy could be examined by the trends of nations, one such example could be seen that people being lifted out of the poverty line (US$1 a day) are mainly in China and India, which despite allows Millenium development goals to be reached, are largely unevenly developed as only mainly 2 nations are improving while Sub-saharan africa has had little change and has none of it's aims on track to meet the development goals...

hope that helps a bit!

rkk

HSC
It does help thanku!

But why did you seperate economic development from standard of living? Dont they have any relationship?

Demandred

HSC
Why not contrast between Marxist interpretation of globalisation and that of neo-liberal interpretation? It's so one sided these days!

felixcthecat

HSC
rkk said:
It does help thanku!

But why did you seperate economic development from standard of living? Dont they have any relationship?

ehhe, srry i guess i'm sorta mixing geography with economics.. as i learned yesterday that art doesn't mix with physics!! (cuz the basic colours aree sooo different) lol.. um.. so yea, cuz in geo, standard of living would go under social development, where economic would be trade and GDP and inflation and the like.. srry if i get u confused! i guess they're pretty similar in economics and could go hand in hand ^^ my mistake

edit: also compare between the synchronisation of economies to the global business cycle, increase decrease in trade (esp the changes between MDC's and LDC's).. iono, just top of my head.. just follow withoutwings' outline from the syllabus~ could never be wrong from something that examines u!

Last edited:

rkk

HSC
Yea i did look at the syllabus b4, but i just wanted to have a general list on the most important impacts on the SOL...so when i make notes i know which impacts to focus on. And so i have the confidence to answer the question.. What is the impact of globalisation on the SOL in the global economy? (even though they dont relly ask that question).....i'm sorry i should have been a bit clearer.

Even though i asked an unclear question, u guys still managed to answer it, so thanx heaps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)