Impact of macroeconomic policies? (1 Viewer)

Constantine

HSC
When it comes to doing something like evaluate impacts of macroeconomic policies on the economy which factors/statistics should we look at?

For example, fiscal would be at the relevant economic outcomes (such as growth) but where would monetary's impacts be?

I'm looking over the content and I realised I've only really got the process/implementation of policies down and not their impacts D:

Thank you!

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
When it comes to doing something like evaluate impacts of macroeconomic policies on the economy which factors/statistics should we look at?

For example, fiscal would be at the relevant economic outcomes (such as growth) but where would monetary's impacts be?

I'm looking over the content and I realised I've only really got the process/implementation of policies down and not their impacts D:

Thank you!
look at the statistical outcomes of the six economic issues. In particular, monetary policy concerns inflation and unemployment mainly.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
look at the statistical outcomes of the six economic issues. In particular, monetary policy concerns inflation and unemployment mainly.
This ^^

For monetary i mainly discussed the actions of the policy (such as a cut of the cash rate) and linked this to the impacts on economic growth, inflation and unemployment in the following periods. I did this by highlighting the trends in each of these statistics that followed the cut of the cash rate.

E.g in 2013 the govt cut the cash rate to 3.xx that accordingly led to rising economic growth (possibly integrate a stat here of what it rose by in the last quarter). This is specifically evident in the housing market recovery that was stimulated by monetary policy due to low borrowing costs for investors.

You get the idea, that was a dodgy example but the basic concept is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)