• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Importance of Assessments. (1 Viewer)

cate_7x

HSC
For those who have done their HSC in previous years, how important was it to have good marks in your assessments over that year?
I have had alright marks, excelled in some subjects but not in others, and was wondering if I could still gain a 95+ UAI if I work really hard in the HSC exams. My previous marks were all around A-B range.

7th Sign

HSC
basically if you want to get 95+ you need a good rank in all your subs like top 10
you need only high band 5 and band 6's...if you want higher then 97 + you need alot of band 6's for your internal marks...

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
You don't need top ranks in ALL of your subjects. Last year my brother had 76/150 in english advanced and got a UAI of 98.4. You can get a UAI over 95 if you just work hard from now until the HSC.

scoby_2000

HSC
i doubt it....if your doing ok at school then hmmm....95 is not ok....95 is excellent

if your doing excellent then hoora! if your not then still work hard, there are other marks u can get...e.g. 94 :D

heidi_kak

HSC
it really depends on what school
if you're at a good selective, you could get average ranks in everything and still pull off a 95+ UAI.
but if you're at a really poor school, you'll basically need to top everything

and if you're at a school in between.. i'm sure you get my drift

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Its all about ranks, some school marks notoriously hard, so its hard to measure how you will go in the HSC in comparison. A girl at my school got 79 for her SAC trial and then got 99 in the HSC.

tennille

HSC
I was in the top ten for all of my subjects except English.

English adv: 16/110
English ext 1.: 2/17
Mathematics: 3/60
Maths ext 1.: 8/32
Physics: 2/40
Chemistry: 4/28
Food tech: 1/20

I ended up with 95.30 and I went to a school ranked 323rd.

I didn't go as well as I expected for the first few assessments in year 12. I got 73% for my first maths exam, but I still ended up with a band 6.

So, it would be good if you got in the top ten for most of your subjects.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

wow congrats tennille..>~~ that uai is nearly similar to the one i want to get.. so if i want it.. i have to do better than you lol.. i want to get 96.5

laura_h

HSC
Sweets said:
Its all about ranks, some school marks notoriously hard, so its hard to measure how you will go in the HSC in comparison. A girl at my school got 79 for her SAC trial and then got 99 in the HSC.

that is so refreshing...i was wondering about that, one of my teachers is a really hard marker (but crap teacher, so its kind of unfair)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)