IMPORTANT: English Tutoring 2009! (1 Viewer)

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
[SIZE=+3]Need English Tutoring?
[/SIZE]

Marks

English Advanced
Exam Mark: 87
School Assessment: 89
HSC Mark: 88

English Extension

Exam Mark: 45
School Assessment: 46
HSC Mark: 46

English Extension 2

Exam Mark: 48
School Assessment: 50
HSC Mark: 49

UAI
Experience?
I currently tutor two English Advanced students and have done so for a term now. Because of this, spaces are limited so get in fast!

Where do we meet?
I tutor any students from Rockdale, The Sutherland Shire or Wollongong. I would meet you at either a local library, or your house. Which ever you would prefer.

Phone or internet tutoring is available at a rate of $15 per hour. Or if you would prefer me to read and critique your essays I charge $5 for a 1000 word essay.

What about the changes to the syllabus!

This really isn't much of a problem. English is a skills based subject, so what I focus on how we can improve your writing. To give it a little more 'sophistication and flair'. Also, the modules haven't changed only the texts, so I still have a strong grasp as to what they are about. Generally you will find that your teacher will give you more than enough material to compose an essay, but you struggle to gain top marks anyway - this is where I come in. That being said, if you want extra material I can do that for you. Whether it be looking for critiques, help with related material or if your teacher is a bit of a slacker and has still only gone through one of Colerige's poems after a term of study.

On another note, obviously I have had to learn the various modules and AOS for my other students, so I am up to date on the changes.

What levels/years do you tutor?

I can provide help to anyone from K to 12 and standard through to EE2. However, for those of you doing ESL, unfortunately I can't help :( This subject isn't run at my school so I have little knowledge of its content.

Anything else?
English is my specialty, however I can provide help with legal studies, visual arts or 2U maths.

So... How much?
I charge $20 an hour though the price is negotiable. Also, I can tutor at either a local library, or your house - which ever you'd prefer.

You can contact me on:

OR
tamarahughes1990@hotmail.com
OR
just comment me.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)