• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - New Legislation - Read! (3 Viewers)

do you agree with the federal government's new legislation?

• i agree

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • i disagree

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters

shannonm

HSC
N/A
hey meyero dont even bother responding to "slip", it doesn't take a genius to realise his arguement is moot and is a waste of time responding to him in future

L

LaraB

i know people object to compulsorary fees coz they may not use facilities may not agree with union activities/protests/clubs etc

but think of it this way - i mean, at least this is what myself and other uni friends think - if you choose not to pay uni fees - you shuold not beallowed access to union run activities/facilities nor should you have access to facilities gained thru lobbying by unions.

I'm at uws, and we have relatively few facilities to begin with...with voluntary union payments, support for the unions will decrease which will mean even worse parking, cutting of shuttle buses, no cafes, no gyms, no uni functiosn etc etc etc...

personally, sure i know that some people object to being forced to pay for something, but i mean...i persnoally dont think its a lot of money for the potential benefits that you recieve outa it and have no problem with compulsorary union fees :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Lazarus said:
Presumably, anyone who isn't a member would have to pay more so that those costs could be met - thereby enticing them to become a member.

Most problems have solutions... but most people just don't think about them.
Marry me.

That's how I figured it'd work out. Not paying for membership means one would have to pay extra throughout the year.
Whether or not I will pay from next year onwards, though, depends on whether or not I have the money to do so.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
How would rich people get youth allowance? Simple. If their parents own businesses they simply pay them 16000 dollars and then the kids can be declared independent, and hence recieve YA.

Meanwhile other people have to work their butts off to earn the money to qualify as independent, even if their parents aren't really wealthy.

L

LaraB

poloktim said:
Marry me.

That's how I figured it'd work out. Not paying for membership means one would have to pay extra throughout the year.
Whether or not I will pay from next year onwards, though, depends on whether or not I have the money to do so.
haha i'll think about it lol:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)