important question!! (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
hey guys,
so in my biology exam and my sor exam, i went over the lines...does that matter? will it still be marked? it did not exceed the black things on the bottom of the page though. I was never informed we couldnt write over the lines until someone brought it up today!

michaeljennings

HSC
hey guys,
so in my biology exam and my sor exam, i went over the lines...does that matter? will it still be marked? it did not exceed the black things on the bottom of the page though. I was never informed we couldnt write over the lines until someone brought it up today!
The marker has to and will mark everything on the page. But sometimes, cost they scan all the pages, some bits might get cut off, that's why its recommended to ask for an extra booklet instead of trying to cram it all on the page

smartalec

HSC
haha thanks guys. i was reading over my trial for an exam and wrote over the lines. my teacher wrote in pen: 'dont do this again or they won't mark it!' so i freaked out.
obviously she is over pedantic (she isnt a hsc marker btw.)

1981Grant

HSC
Don't freak out. As long as whatever you wrote didn't go outside the black scan alignment markers you'll be fine. I wrote over on most of my questions because I hate using extra booklets.

chels777

HSC
i may have written like a couple of sentences out side of the black border will that be marked i mean i dont think it will affect me that much if it dosnt get marked just curious

MadGold777

HSC
Don't freak out. As long as whatever you wrote didn't go outside the black scan alignment markers you'll be fine. I wrote over on most of my questions because I hate using extra booklets.
I write outside the black lines a few times!!!!

Will it not get scanned and therefore marked?

enoilgam

HSC
The marker has to and will mark everything on the page. But sometimes, cost they scan all the pages, some bits might get cut off, that's why its recommended to ask for an extra booklet instead of trying to cram it all on the page
This.

ReneeApple

HSC
Oh God. I didn't realise they did this with every paper, and I had a bit of a freak out because my answering technique includes cramming as much information as I possibly can on the page and under the lines. I looked at the BOS website though:

"Both sides of every piece of paper are scanned from edge to edge, top to bottom and from left to right. Everything on the student writing booklets and/or question-and-answer booklets is captured as a scanned image, whether it is in the lined part, the blank part underneath, above or to the side or even if it is on a completely blank page. It is all scanned and ready to be marked."

Also:

What are the black angle brackets on some writing booklets and examinations?

Writing booklets and some question and answer booklets include small black angle brackets in each corner of each page.

These black angle brackets are ‘reference marks’ which help the scanner to position each page. They are NOT boundaries or borders beyond which the scanner cannot view information.

http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu....nning-captures-everything-written-on-the-page

So we will be absolutely fine :D

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Writing over the lines is absolutely fine. However, it is better to try, as much as possible, to stay within the lines because if you're writing over the lines, you're putting too much detail in which is basically a waste of time that could be better spent maximising marks elsewhere in the paper! :)

jessxxxr

HSC
Oh God. I didn't realise they did this with every paper, and I had a bit of a freak out because my answering technique includes cramming as much information as I possibly can on the page and under the lines. I looked at the BOS website though:

"Both sides of every piece of paper are scanned from edge to edge, top to bottom and from left to right. Everything on the student writing booklets and/or question-and-answer booklets is captured as a scanned image, whether it is in the lined part, the blank part underneath, above or to the side or even if it is on a completely blank page. It is all scanned and ready to be marked."

Also:

What are the black angle brackets on some writing booklets and examinations?

Writing booklets and some question and answer booklets include small black angle brackets in each corner of each page.

These black angle brackets are ‘reference marks’ which help the scanner to position each page. They are NOT boundaries or borders beyond which the scanner cannot view information.

http://news.boardofstudies.nsw.edu....nning-captures-everything-written-on-the-page

So we will be absolutely fine :D
phewwwww, this is the best thing i've read all day <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)