Improving writing speed (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
I was wondering how to improve my writing speed, because I have an essay due today in 3 weeks time, and my teacher recommended that I write approximately 1250 words to have a solid shot at 18-19. Although its not necessary, more words allow you to express more, or at least buys you more thinking time which you can use to adapt an essay. If you have any tips to incrementally start improving speed in 3 weeks itd be super appreciated, thank you !

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are people who attach batteries to their pens and practice writing that way. When they remove the batteries, they tend to feel a difference and become able to write faster as a result. However, this method doesn't seem to work for everyone (I tried it myself, didn't really do much), but you can give it a try if you haven't already.

Another thing you can try is to write in cursive. With cursive there are no spaces between letters and this means a word can be written faster as all letters are connected, which saves time, meaning you can reach a particular point in your essay much faster than you would if you weren't writing in cursive.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you want to learn how to write, maybe, I can help you, if you can travel to Epping. Don't expect to change your writing in 3 weeks. You have to be shown how to write.
Good thing is you are in Yr 11; so have time to improve, before you sit the HSC.

Last edited:

Jojofelyx

HSC
If you want to learn how to write, maybe, I can help you, if you can travel to Epping. Don't expect to change your writing in 3 weeks. You have to be shown how to write.
Good thing is you are in Yr 11; so have time to improve, before you sit the HSC.
any tips that could be advised without an in-person visit? Other than relearning or improving handwriting itself, is there a way to progressively 'overload' how I write faster, any tips on that?

idkkdi

HSC
any tips that could be advised without an in-person visit? Other than relearning or improving handwriting itself, is there a way to progressively 'overload' how I write faster, any tips on that?
he's talking about properly writing to increase speed. i.e. strength usage,pen-holding, pen-positioning etc.
Not those battery tricks lmao.

Grinder

HSC
I can do that, would you be able to help me?

quickoats

HSC
There are people who attach batteries to their pens and practice writing that way. When they remove the batteries, they tend to feel a difference and become able to write faster as a result. However, this method doesn't seem to work for everyone (I tried it myself, didn't really do much), but you can give it a try if you haven't already.

Another thing you can try is to write in cursive. With cursive there are no spaces between letters and this means a word can be written faster as all letters are connected, which saves time, meaning you can reach a particular point in your essay much faster than you would if you weren't writing in cursive.
Battery is useless (even harmful) from what my friends have experienced. Once you take the batteries off, the pen is too light and tends to fall out of your hand because you’re not used to it. I found that using big open strokes (like a year 3 kid) increases speed AND legibility under time pressure although that may differ for you.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
Battery is useless (even harmful) from what my friends have experienced. Once you take the batteries off, the pen is too light and tends to fall out of your hand because you’re not used to it. I found that using big open strokes (like a year 3 kid) increases speed AND legibility under time pressure although that may differ for you.
y am i being quoted here wtf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)