• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

In a lot of trouble (1 Viewer)

Scientist

HSC
Hey guys i've hit a brick wall, my ambitions to study do assessments; homework; read, has all dropped to the floor i have no motivation, i get tired and bored doing the work i have to complete at home (it's annoying me). i did good in the exams over 70 for all my subjects except maths and chemistry. and coming from the holidays i am that lazy. Do you guys have any tips for me to get out of this phase or is my HSC in the ruins. as my name states i want to be a scientist (medical scientist) but i don't think i'm going to get a well enough ATAR. If you guys have some tips to get out of this phase it will be kindly appreciated.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
* Visual Reminder of a goal should be in place ( i.e ATAR above 70+ or whatever)
* Get a time table and write down If/when you do sport/extra curricular activities such as debating

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You have to be 100% committed to pursue your goals if you wish to achieve your dreams. You have to seriously consider just how strongly you want to be a medical scientist. What is the cause of this laziness? You should probably aim for higher marks in all your subjects as a possible motivation for you to keep studying. Remember, you don't want the HSC to be a year where you have any regrets at all that if you had tried harder, you could have gotten into your course much faster-just envision a worst case scenario and you should be motivated enough to study-otherwise you should consider another genuine passion, also think about those three months of holidays(more like 4) after the HSC is worth working very hard for:)

For some more guidance on studying techniques and tips, feel free to check out my senior study guide:)http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
1. Don't dramatise. You've dramatised when you said "is my HSC in the ruins". Dramatising the situation does nothing to help. Look at things with a more realistic approach.

2. Break down your ATAR and determine what HSC marks you need to get to achieve your ATAR goals. From that, determine what internal ranks you need to achieve to receive roughly around the same, and hope your externals are just as good.

3. Don't push yourself out of the phase. Motivation takes a while to build up after its been lost. Relax for a bit, and then start getting motivated. It's extremely difficult to stay motivated at a high level for long periods of time so don't feel as though you have to be fully motivated 24/7. Instead, use this slump as a period to recharge and get back into the game as opposed to get back into the game immediately.

4. For motivational tips, remind yourself how much you want your goal and envision yourself working in the career you want, etc. Try and stay positive and focused on that goal, and hopefully it boosts your motivation up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)