in need of some motivation (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
anything I've slacked off so much for the past 5 days just procrastinating and not doing anything relevant literally hate myself for it

icycledough

HSC
You haven't disadvantaged yourself whatsoever; still remember that it's holidays for you. You may not want to study intensely for the entire 6 week holiday, and that's completely fine. Or you may want to, but only do a few hours a day. Whatever it is, know that you will be putting more work in than most of your cohort. Definitely treat this as a holiday, as it will be the last 'significant' holiday you get before an entire year of grinding. Don't hate yourself for it, you haven't done anything wrong and start fresh from tomorrow.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Totally normal!!! You probably needed that break. But since you feel like this, the only way you can get past it is to try to really focus ur efforts now and slowly get back into the flow of regularly studying (even if its only for a few hours a day). Maybe create a to-do list, and start off with some of your favorite subjects so that you don't instantly feel unmotivated. After that, you'll def get into that cycle of grinding. And keep in mind, the more wisely you use these holidays, the less pressure you'll feel when school starts!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Consistent with the above, it would be a good idea not to put too much pressure on yourself, especially since it's the holidays. Instead, if your goal is to be productive, you should probably establish a balance between your study goals and enjoying your holidays. Doing so may involve gradually allocating additional study time in a way that would not overwhelm you, while simultaneously allowing you to spend some quality time with your family and friends during these holidays, especially after what was quite a difficult year for several people.

In the meantime, here's a motivational penguin to make you feel better:

I hope this helps! :D

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
anything I've slacked off so much for the past 5 days just procrastinating and not doing anything relevant literally hate myself for it
ya its all goods man, not only ur doing that, ive been doing the same thing, just make sure u get a bit of study done before u go chill so u dont come back panicked and stressed abt forgetting so much stuff, esp for maths.

Think of it logically, if u dont chill now and burn out in the holidays then ull automatically procrastinate heavily in term 1 which defeats the purpose of grinding in the holidays. Might be wrong but I think its just effective to wind down from prelims for the rest of the year and then pick up the game on January.

uniqueusername1

HSC
mate try snoozing 3 months straight before the hsc
you 2022 kids are sweats
all of yous writing essay plans and stuff already
either i was just lazy doing it after trials or you guys are just sweats
5 days should not be an issue
remember why you started

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
mate try snoozing 3 months straight before the hsc
you 2022 kids are sweats
all of yous writing essay plans and stuff already
either i was just lazy doing it after trials or you guys are just sweats
5 days should not be an issue
remember why you started
brotha im not tryna go through PTSD/depression mid hsc when they run out of greek letters for corona variants

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)