Incomplete Dominance (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
This just popped up in a James Ruse trial paper, and for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I'm sure I've known at some point though :S

I assume incomplete dominance occurs when one gene is one allele is not entirely dominant over another allele, while co-dominance occurs when neither allele is dominant at all.

So, a gene expressing co-dominance (view this simply) could be: AB.

Could an example of incomplete dominance be expressed as: Ab?

I can't find the term incomplete dominance in neither my notes nor my excel bio textbook, but the term sounds really familiar.

All help appreciated.

A l

HSC
N/A
Incomplete Dominance is NOT in the syllabus, so you need not to worry about it.

A l

HSC
N/A
For the sake of answering your question, I think incomplete dominance is expressed as a different letter. For example Red (R) + White (W) = Pink (P)

rhia

salty
HSC
incomplete dominance is just that: the incomplete dominance of a certain allele, which results in a phenotype that is intermediate of the 'dominant' and recessive alleles.

incomplete dominance is not represented with a new letter: that would i think imply that there is another new, and different allele that has come into play. it hasn't. it would be represented as usual.

co-dominance describes the occurance of both alleles - unaltered - being expressed as the phenotype. e.g, red cow + white cow = red and white cow. (or, RR + WW = RW. uppercase = dominant, lowercase = recessive, both alleles = expressed as the phenotype = both represented with uppercase letters)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)