Incomplete Results (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
This is absolutely pathetic! How is withholding results going to help the academics achieve better outcomes? Dont we, the people who the academics are aiming to gain better outcomes for, matter in this scenario? I understand that the academics deserve better conditions and pay however, by imposing ongoing stress and difficulty, they are onyl creating a larger and proactive enemy! Us the students!!!

mrbsting

HSC
To me its an act of thuggery or extortion. Academics these days are a bunch of time wasters.

X

xeuyrawp

Their argument is this:
" - We want to disrupt the university as much as possible,
- the university's main business is students,
- therefore the best way to disrupt the university is to disrupt the students.
- However, we're not seriously damaging the lives of students as they can apply to us for marks anyway."

The problem as I see it is that most students don't know that they can apply for their marks, and if you argue that students can get their marks, you can't argue that you're actually being disruptive. Ie you can't have your cake and eat it too.

People who work in the tertiary sector (teachers particularly) seem to have a very high standard of living within their workplace; their hours are far more flexible and forgiving than elsewhere in the world. Furthermore, much of what the union is complaining about would have been apparent to the teachers before applying for their jobs - that is to say they couldn't argue that they 'Didn't sign up for it.'

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
This is absolutely pathetic! How is withholding results going to help the academics achieve better outcomes? Dont we, the people who the academics are aiming to gain better outcomes for, matter in this scenario? I understand that the academics deserve better conditions and pay however, by imposing ongoing stress and difficulty, they are onyl creating a larger and proactive enemy! Us the students!!!
Yes, i got a unit graded as 'Incomplete' as well. In regard to the bold part, I don't want to name to the unit i did. But the LIC is a LAZY ASS and a bloody crap lecturer, only had one Announcement all year and that's like the start of the semester for welcoming. As for class tests and other important information for assignments, no announcement at ALL. Those people don't deserve crap.

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
lecturers need to stop complaining, they get very good money and working conditions as it is, and it is strange that they want support from students yet they screw around with the students.

Dont they understand that the people in charge of their pay do not give a shit when they deny students their marks, it doesnt affect them at all

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
lecturers need to stop complaining, they get very good money and working conditions as it is, and it is strange that they want support from students yet they screw around with the students.

Dont they understand that the people in charge of their pay do not give a shit when they deny students their marks, it doesnt affect them at all
Strong user name, join date and posts count.

ms88

HSC
Thankfully I got my result and it was also my final subject so therefore I'm able to graduate. However it is saying I have not been granted an award in the 'check for graduation' link in estudent. Is this one of the things they are withholding?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^answer is no. Check whether you have any debt or give them a call.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hey i got incomplete as well, it's driving me crazy because idk if i passed the unit or not! argh :evilfire:

Odyssey2001

HSC
I agree with pretty much everyone else in that it's very unfair. (Why didn't I do a teaching degree what a lark they're on!!). Luckily for me one of my subjects (which will remian unamed) was with-holding reuslts but at the very last moment decided to allow them to be released and so I recieved all of marks which i was very happy with.

rajputsingh

HSC
I still haven't received my marks! Does anyone know when they will release the results. I did receive the email but it didn't say anything about the release of results for normal students. I sent my lecturer an email and they haven't replied!

Very poor form!

Monstar

HSC
Its funny cause they think withholding my results will do something.

CAUSE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS ARGUE ABOUT THESE THINGS RIGHT? THEY DON'T JUST SIT THERE AND TAKE THINGS RIGHT?

HSC
Thankfully I got my result and it was also my final subject so therefore I'm able to graduate. However it is saying I have not been granted an award in the 'check for graduation' link in estudent. Is this one of the things they are withholding?
Read this: "Award and graduation information will be available in the My Results and Graduation section of eStudent FROM TUESDAY, 21 DECEMBER, 2010." on here http://www.graduation.mq.edu.au/

Monstar

HSC
So what are you trying to say?
I think the lecturers/academics are trying to stir an emotional response by the students by doing what they're doing. Except no one will be bother writing an angry email to the VC cause most kids in this uni are passive in their actions.

Monstar

HSC
Heres a damning statistic that I pulled off the NTEU site (so take it with a grain of salt):
1. There was an increase in students of about 2500 students and this was matched with an increase of 2.7 in staff members.

And I recall reading in the good uni guide that MQ's staff to student ratio was around rated around 1/5 stars. To me this seems to echo the bullshit attitude that i've gained of MQ; dudes who don't really care about students.

Snooty

HSC
Is the ban over? LAW317 is up for those who've been waiting for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)