• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Increase in productivity ---> Increase in unemployment (1 Viewer)

Freaky

HSC
N/A
Could the opposite be true aswell?

IE: Increase in productivity ---> Decrease in price --> Large increase in aggregate demand (assuming the good is elastic) --> The employer having to hire more workers to keep up with the demand --> a reduction in unemployment?

Yey or ney?

word.

HSC
yes that's why microeconomic reform causes short term structural unemployment but will give rise to increasing economic growth hence reducing unemployment in the longer term

Haku

but the unemployed as resource would flow to other developing areas of production, and be sacked again right after improved efficiency.

lol, our future prospect is like that... :angry:

know_it_all

productivity is double edged
if its low, biz may substitute capital for labour creating unemp
however if it is high, biz may decrease their labour usage as they can produce greater output with less workers

mattchan

HSC
yeah, kinda sucks for workers. But it is hoped increased productivity will increase output and thus require more labour to satisfy increase in aggregate demand

kouklitsa

on the topic of productivity.. does anyone have any recent labour productivity stats? and MFP stats??

kouklitsa

Freaky said:
^Yup

2... and.. 4.5

*nods*
thanks.. MFP sounds a bit high though.. it only ever increased to like 3.5 and that was when there was heaps of gains from MER :S bahh who knows anymore

Freaky

HSC
N/A
hahaha
im just playen dude! I hope u get this response and dont write those figures in the exam tomorrow :S :S :S

My bad!! I just chose 2 totally random numbers, i cant believe they actually fit the description of what you were looking for. lol!!

kouklitsa

Freaky said:
hahaha
im just playen dude! I hope u get this response and dont write those figures in the exam tomorrow :S :S :S

My bad!! I just chose 2 totally random numbers, i cant believe they actually fit the description of what you were looking for. lol!!
haha i knew they werent right anyway lol!! as i said.. 4.5 is extremely high..

screem41

HSC
As long as you use the words "facilitate" and "aggregrate" a few times, it should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)