HSC
N/A
Re: Shock: India Gets Women President

India's presidents are very diverse it seems. :eek:

melb22

HSC
N/A
Re: India Gets Women President

its great that a women is now the president of india, previously there has been one women prime minister in the 70's - indira gandhi. But the new president is almost an embarrasment, she doesnt deserve this position, she would be merely a pupet.

The last president Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_kalam) was the best president india had till now. He was a muslim, brilliant scientist and a great visionary . He was one of the main guy behind the missile and nuclear program in india and was immensely popular among the youth. When Bush had came to india, their conversation was quite funny, one president being the dumbest president usa has ever had and the other arguably the most brilliant head of state around.....

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

How do you measure whether he was the best or not, especially when President's roles are more or less symbolical equivalent to the Governor-General's role in Australia. As a President he hardly achieved anything and definitely not visionary unless ballistic missiles for India was his vision, and that was before he became President.

By the way the new President is the woman who said controversial statement in which she stated Indian women started covering their heads only to protect themselves from Muslim invaders who were on a blundering and rape rampage of North India.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A

PrinceHarry said:
How do you measure whether he was the best or not, especially when President's roles are more or less symbolical equivalent to the Governor-General's role in Australia. As a President he hardly achieved anything and definitely not visionary unless ballistic missiles for India was his vision, and that was before he became President.

By the way the new President is the woman who said controversial statement in which she stated Indian women started covering their heads only to protect themselves from Muslim invaders who were on a blundering and rape rampage of North India.
Wtf? There are few muslims in northern india, unless you are talking about kashmir. In HP, hardly any muslims, in PB, there are some in Pathankot.

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC

blundering rampage?

blun·der
n. A usually serious mistake typically caused by ignorance or confusion.

1. To move clumsily or blindly.
2. To make a usually serious mistake.

surely you mean plunder?

plun·der
–verb (used with object)
1. to rob of goods or valuables by open force, as in war, hostile raids, brigandage, etc.: to plunder a town.
2. to rob, despoil, or fleece: to plunder the public treasury.
3. to take wrongfully, as by pillage, robbery, or fraud: to plunder a piece of property.
–verb (used without object)
4. to take plunder; pillage.

your arguement is about as convincing as your control of the english language

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

velox said:
Wtf? There are few muslims in northern india, unless you are talking about kashmir. In HP, hardly any muslims, in PB, there are some in Pathankot.
You must be Joking! Uttar Pradesh a north Indian state have over 30 million muslim population. West Bengal have more than 20 million, Bihar have more than 10 million. Even in the Capital Delhi there are 1.6 million muslims.

Snaykew said:
Link PrinceHarry?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1957758.ece

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A

The woman nominated by India’s ruling Congress party to become the country’s first female president was at the centre of a national furore yesterday after she urged Muslims to throw away their veils.
By the way the new President is the woman who said controversial statement in which she stated Indian women started covering their heads
Spot the difference of the news article and your post.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

Snaykew

HSC
N/A

I never mentioned the Muslim invaders. :D

What was covering their heads in reference to if not the veil? It was implied in your sentence even if you did not mean it and I'm yet to find somewhere in the article stating anything about "covering their heads" besides her telling Muslim women to stop covering their heads.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

Snaykew said:
I never mentioned the Muslim invaders. :D

What was covering their heads in reference to if not the veil? It was implied in your sentence even if you did not mean it and I'm yet to find somewhere in the article stating anything about "covering their heads" besides her telling Muslim women to stop covering their heads.
What is implied in my statement?

Snaykew

HSC
N/A

Covering their heads with a veil. That's what I got from reading your post. Obviously you did not mean it in that way but oh well.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

Yeah I meant covering their heads with veil. In india they call it Purdah System. Not just muslims covers their heads but also women from other religion, according to the article, but was taken as an insult to Islam by muslims , as usual. According to BBC, she retracted her statement.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A

Hm, I think I know what you meant now. Just easily misinterpreted. You mean that Indian women historically began wearing veils instead of her calling for them to wear it. Gotcha.

jimmayyy

HSC
Pratibha Patil won the presidential election to become India's first woman president in a bitterly contested poll that saw some cross voting from the BJP.

*waits for this one to get assassinated too*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)