Indigenous entry anyone? (1 Viewer)

snot

so what do you have to have to have to apply for indigenous entry... cause my family aboriginal decendency does that count

Bepps

LOL, no you don't have to look Aboriginal!! By the third generation most people of Indigenous heritage don't look at all Indigenous. I'm currently studying medicine at UNSW, but I got an offer for both UNSW and Newcastle through Indigenous entry.

To apply you need to have some proof of Aboriginality. Apart from that, the entry is pretty similar to mainstream entry (and is therefore competitive) - you still need to do really well in the HSC and excel in interviews and sometimes do short courses.
You need to get your applications in pretty early, so look into it, most Uni's that offer Med have some scheme for Indigenous people.

Goodluck 'snot'!

snot

so when you say you need some proof what do you mean??? and do you have to actively be involved in the "tribe" to still be considered...

smithy_141

hey i was jus wondering, how do i get on to get an interview and everything with the wollotuka centre??, im lookin to go to newcastle for 2005, is it too late for me to do anything bout it now do u think???, i so want to go there but im afraid my marks wont be good enuff

Bepps

I'd look at the website (just search newcastles webpages) and give them a call - although they ask for your academic stuff, all they really want to know from it is if you can handle the course load! Its more important that you want to be a doctor for the right reasons. They take into consideration if you were educated in a rural school too. "Proof" means a certificate of Aboriginality or a letter from your land council (the people at the Indigenous unit at Newcastle uni can tell you more.)

We want as many Indigenous medical students as possible, so see what you can do - if it is too late there is always next year.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)